Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

No coffee scoop

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Oldbrass
Cowboy
United States of America

No coffee scoop

Post by Oldbrass » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Someone threw away the plastic spoon I use in the shop to scoop coffee, 5 heaping scoops and it was perfect just like the Army coffee in Bosnia. I had to use a dirty putty knife to make brew. I remember when coffee cans came with a scoop, can the coffee CEOs not spend 3¢ for a scoop? This is unacceptable !!
1 x
30-30, Helping bad fisherman eat since 1895

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: No coffee scoop

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Calm down and take your meds. Oh wait coffee is your meds. :lol:
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:00 pm

messing with my coffee is serious business .. :o .. sounds like you need a metal measuring cup that you can hang on nail out of the reach of anyone who might decided they need to use it .. ;)
0 x

Oldbrass
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Oldbrass » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:28 pm

I came to same conclusion, took a bearing cap from discarded universal joint and welded bolt to it.. WALLAH !!
3 x
30-30, Helping bad fisherman eat since 1895

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:22 pm

Good old American ingenuity.
0 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:48 am

I found this is a perfect use for that previously useless 1/3 cup measuring cup.
0 x

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:41 am

Don't need no dad burn coffee scoop ifin you makes you some cowboy coffee. Just pour the coffee grounds into a boiling pan of water and add a little pepper to send the grounds to the bottom and you are done. Only thing left to do is turn the bacon and eggs. :D
2 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 am

Team Roper wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:41 am
Don't need no dad burn coffee scoop ifin you makes you some cowboy coffee. Just pour the coffee grounds into a boiling pan of water and add a little pepper to send the grounds to the bottom and you are done. Only thing left to do is turn the bacon and eggs. :D
Back when I was younger and more fit my cousin and I had an annual Elk hunt in the Selkirk mountains of NE Washington State. We had a tiny old teardrop trailer that was just big enough with a bed in the back and a two place table that dropped into a second bed in the front. In between was a propane stove that worked great. We made cowboy coffee using the two pot method. One pot was the cooking pot where we boiled the coffee and we used cold water to settle the grounds. This was poured off into the serving pot leaving the grounds in the cooking pot. We never removed the grounds but just added more each morning. By the end of the hunt that coffee was perfect!!! :lol:
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:48 am

Selkirk, that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 am
Team Roper wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:41 am
Back when I was younger and more fit my cousin and I had an annual Elk hunt in the Selkirk mountains of NE Washington State. We had a tiny old teardrop trailer that was just big enough with a bed in the back and a two place table that dropped into a second bed in the front. In between was a propane stove that worked great. We made cowboy coffee using the two pot method. One pot was the cooking pot where we boiled the coffee and we used cold water to settle the grounds. This was poured off into the serving pot leaving the grounds in the cooking pot. We never removed the grounds but just added more each morning. By the end of the hunt that coffee was perfect!!! :lol:
Oh yes, I've done the cold water method also. I bet you didn't sleep much towards the end of the hunt. :shock:
0 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.