Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Paper Target Help

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Paper Target Help

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Shoot while you are eating.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by zara_puppy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Got a PC and a printer? You can easily create what you want in Microsoft Word. Also, the www has many, many free targets available for the printing. I have a couple thousand targets from “Official Slow Fire” to dart boards for friendly competition. In a pinch I use a roll of painters tape, a sharpie and crayons on a poster board. The inside of a roll of painters tape is 3”. The outside is as big as the amount of tape left on the roll. A light green or pink center is easy to see.
1 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:46 pm

Zara_puppy, don't know why I never thought about printing targets. Found several sites available for free downloads. Printed a couple off of gunnewsdaily.com and they are very clear.
0 x

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by zara_puppy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Ernie wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:46 pm
Zara_puppy, don't know why I never thought about printing targets. Found several sites available for free downloads. Printed a couple off of gunnewsdaily.com and they are very clear.
As much as I shoot it saves some money. Just punching holes in paper - might as well do it on the cheap. A piece of poster board and the painters tape to cover previous holes and a marker and I can use the same target for a whole session - or a couple short sessions. Any printed target using iron sights at 100 yards gets a poster board backing. No way I hit an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of paper with every shot using irons. That’s RanchRoper territory - and I’m not even close.
0 x

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by zara_puppy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Hey Ernie- southwest Lower Michigan? Bell’s - Founders - New Holland, etc. Want a good brew? The folks in Southwest Michigan know how to do it right (sorry about the thread highjack).
0 x