Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Target Tuesdays

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Target Tuesdays

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 am

Wow, I don’t know what’s more organized, your staged range equipment or your target storage area. Nicely done on both!

Have a great shoot.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 am
Wow, I don’t know what’s more organized, your staged range equipment or your target storage area. Nicely done on both!

Have a great shoot.
Thanks. I’ve forgotten too many things too many times so now I’m more organized.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:20 am

GunnyGene wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:57 pm
Have a good shoot. I know you've been itching to get back out. Nice rifle you got there. I'm sure glad I don't have to pack all that stuff up to throw some lead, tho. ;) Don't even need to put clothes on (my range is clothing optional and it's always open). Wanna see a pic? :lol:
Shootn' the breeze! :lol:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:24 am

markiver54 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:20 am
GunnyGene wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:57 pm
Have a good shoot. I know you've been itching to get back out. Nice rifle you got there. I'm sure glad I don't have to pack all that stuff up to throw some lead, tho. ;) Don't even need to put clothes on (my range is clothing optional and it's always open). Wanna see a pic? :lol:
Shootn' the breeze! :lol:
Making Kentucky windage. 😊
1 x

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by zara_puppy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Ummm - last deer season I was in my archery stand and I, ummmm, had to go. There was a small deer hanging around so I waited. And waited. Finally it wandered off to the northeast. Not enough time to take my equipment down just in case - so, well, you know. With hunting coveralls around the knees and shirt up around the chest - here come 5 deer. Habit said grab the bow and get ready. I did so. About a minute later I sent an arrow right through the boiler room. About 17 yards. Listened, heard the crash. Completed the “original task”, waited about 20 minutes and tracked her down. She’d only gone about 35 yards. And to think All the money that is spent on camo. Maybe we should all just go “Gunny Gene”.
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:33 am

zara_puppy wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:58 pm
Ummm - last deer season I was in my archery stand and I, ummmm, had to go. There was a small deer hanging around so I waited. And waited. Finally it wandered off to the northeast. Not enough time to take my equipment down just in case - so, well, you know. With hunting coveralls around the knees and shirt up around the chest - here come 5 deer. Habit said grab the bow and get ready. I did so. About a minute later I sent an arrow right through the boiler room. About 17 yards. Listened, heard the crash. Completed the “original task”, waited about 20 minutes and tracked her down. She’d only gone about 35 yards. And to think All the money that is spent on camo. Maybe we should all just go “Gunny Gene”.
Full Commando has it's advantages. :mrgreen:
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:24 am

Today is Tuesday and I’m heading out the door in an hour. All I need to to is shower and put my clothes on.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 am

Shoot 'em up Gene!
Enjoy ☺
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:56 am

When my youngest son was about twelve I took him deer hunting on the Blue Ridge in Virginia. (I lived there for almost twenty years.) He was a slim lad and there was snow on the mountain and he got so cold that he was shivering. I said to come with me away from my friend and we'll build a fire to warm up. He objected that that would frighten the deer away. I told him that in my experience fire sometimes attracts them.
Anyway we built a nice roaring fire and were sitting against a rock warming our feet when a doe and her last season fawn approached. I signaled him to remain quiet and he did. They actually came up and smelled our boots. Course it was bucks only season so we let them peacefully walk away.
Next time up we built a good fire with my hunting partner while my young son was fifty yards away scanning the mountain. He finally got cold enough to join us when I looked up and a buck was watching about twenty five yards away half hiding behind a tree. I asked him where his rifle was and he told me down by his hiding place, so I shot the deer over the top of the fire.
He became a pretty good deer hunter after that killing several with a bow and arrow.

Don't see him much anymore. Miss him. :(
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:15 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:56 am
When my youngest son was about twelve I took him deer hunting on the Blue Ridge in Virginia. (I lived there for almost twenty years.) He was a slim lad and there was snow on the mountain and he got so cold that he was shivering. I said to come with me away from my friend and we'll build a fire to warm up. He objected that that would frighten the deer away. I told him that in my experience fire sometimes attracts them.
Anyway we built a nice roaring fire and were sitting against a rock warming our feet when a doe and her last season fawn approached. I signaled him to remain quiet and he did. They actually came up and smelled our boots. Course it was bucks only season so we let them peacefully walk away.
Next time up we built a good fire with my hunting partner while my young son was fifty yards away scanning the mountain. He finally got cold enough to join us when I looked up and a buck was watching about twenty five yards away half hiding behind a tree. I asked him where his rifle was and he told me down by his hiding place, so I shot the deer over the top of the fire.
He became a pretty good deer hunter after that killing several with a bow and arrow.

Don't see him much anymore. Miss him. :(
Tell me another story grandpa. :D
0 x