Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Re: Lt. Col. Vindman Non political

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Re: Lt. Col. Vindman Non political

Post by Team Roper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:59 am

Airborne ! and salute to a hero and great officer.
I'm a proud Sky Soldier also, having served one tour with the 173 rd Abn. Brigade 2nd/503 rd inf. on the first tour and an Army sniper with the 82 nd. Abn. Div. on my 2 nd tour.
Welcome home brothers!
2 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 am

The Wiz wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:36 pm
FYI, The " electric strawberry" is the nickname of the division badge for the 25th Division which I served with in Viet Nam. The division main base is in Hawaii. It is or was the only Army Div. based in the tropics. The division badge is a stylized taro leaf which is grown in Hawaii and has many uses. The lightning bold thru it meant they were the first strike in the pacific for the army. At that time there was no disrespect in the name intended . Many Army units had nicknames unit patches. One of my favorites was the 101st Airborne Div. patch, which I also served in. The patch has an American eagle on it. A very ugly eagle at that time. Nickname...The Puking Buzzard. And remember folks, this is just fun info and pride on my part on the units I served in. :)
Silly me. I thought the 101st was the screaming eagles! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:58 am

Sir Henry wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 am
The Wiz wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:36 pm
FYI, The " electric strawberry" is the nickname of the division badge for the 25th Division which I served with in Viet Nam. The division main base is in Hawaii. It is or was the only Army Div. based in the tropics. The division badge is a stylized taro leaf which is grown in Hawaii and has many uses. The lightning bold thru it meant they were the first strike in the pacific for the army. At that time there was no disrespect in the name intended . Many Army units had nicknames unit patches. One of my favorites was the 101st Airborne Div. patch, which I also served in. The patch has an American eagle on it. A very ugly eagle at that time. Nickname...The Puking Buzzard. And remember folks, this is just fun info and pride on my part on the units I served in. :)
Silly me. I thought the 101st was the screaming eagles! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Me too, Sir Henry.
As per dad, he went to jump school with the 101st, but was yanked out when Korea started up.
Was with the 7th infantry, and among the first to hit the shore.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:20 am

My arm sports a tattoo with a parachute and eagle with the 101 st, 173 rd and the 82 nd. Strange? yes. Out of jump school, I was assigned to the 101. Upon arriving in Vietnam, one of the 173 rd Airborne Brigade companies got hit hard and so they made me one of the replacements in C co. of the 2nd/503 rd. At Fort Bragg, after Nam, I went through sniper school and when I went back to Nam with the 82nd., we were assigned to the 101 st Airborne div. so I still proudly where the numbers of the Screaming Eagles but it was with the 173 rd that I got to experience a combat jump against the enemy.
4 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.