Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I hope no changes are planned

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: I hope no changes are planned

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:51 am

Marlin forum??? Nice place here and hope it stays the same!
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:08 am

This is the only place I’m currently posting. I even deleted my Facebook account. I think we all read the news to some extent and know what’s happening out there. I come here to escape it.
3 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:15 pm

I belong to two other gun sites, Tenn. Gun Owners & Walther. TGO has got kinda boring to me. It does include politics, which I see much more than I want. The Walther forum, underwent a software change last year. It don't seem as it improved anything for me.
I hardly go to either anymore since joining Henry. Much more enjoyable experience, love the bit of a Western theme, no politics or religion, both are a good way to start a war.
The folks on here are more my type of people. We talk about guns, ammo, reloading, what you had for breakfast, etc.
Appreciate all the work the owners, Moderators have done to make it a good place to hang out, learn a thing or two.
And, thanks for making me feel welcome & a part of the crowd..
Larry
5 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:18 pm

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:42 pm

support appreciated .... rest assured that with the owners of this forum and the guys who take care of things behind the scenes, the values we maintain and the way we operate ain't changing .. ;)
7 x

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:13 pm

This forum is my happy place!
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:43 pm

There is controversy going on somewhere? People unable or unwilling to just be civil and respectful to others? I must have been asleep.
I love this group of people who seem for the most part to get along with each other. There are plenty of other places to rant and stomp your feet if inclined to do so. But I find most of those places to be annoying. The folks on soapboxes aren’t changing any minds. The folks who are trying to kick the soapbox out from under them are just gonna break a toe.
3 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by zara_puppy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 pm

I don’t post a lot but I come here all the time. I find it very comforting to hang around somewhere where there is no sass or strife. You folks are more than members of a forum - it’s kinda like the folks here are all friends. Total support for each other, no snide remarks and nobody ever gets all hackled up over I little friendly jab. If you’re a new guy looking for a good place to laugh and learn this is the place. Tenderfoots are treated like they’ve been here forever. Heck I wasn’t even on for a week and someone sent me a spring so I wouldn’t have to buy ten - didn’t know me from Adam. This is an oasis in the desert that is the www.
6 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:50 pm

zara_puppy, you are in exactly the right place/forum! Glad to have you here. As you said; a place for friendly talk. That's us.
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:04 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:51 am
Marlin forum???
Right, no controversy or anything like that. Just a bunch of us "old goats" that hate changes. The new format over there is pretty different from what we were used to.

As mentioned, I go back and forth from here to there. I check in here quite a bit, I just don't post a whole lot. Nascar "was" my favorite subject here, until they made a bunch of changes that chased us away.
1 x
NRA Member