Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A few pics of the new Farm

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: A few pics of the new Farm

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm
Sounds like a perfect location living in the country but not too far from the places you may need to visit.
Have you laid out any plans for your range location?
Have a couple spots picked out, but haven't made a final choice. Down to two. I am leaning toward one near the coop, has shade against the heat, fifty to seventy five yards, and good protection from wind. May go with the more open location. Less protection from the Oklahoma sun, but a full open 100 yards. :)
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:29 am

Looks great. If you need any furniture I know where you can get some!
Jake
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:31 am

PS
May look you up on whenever I conclude this business in OK. Mom's house is for sale. I hope it takes a few weeks so I can relax a bit. Headed back home today.
Jake
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:52 am

One step closer.

I said earlier we were getting rid of the above ground pool, deck, and all it's associated goodies. (Upgraded pump, sand filter, automatic vac, manual vac, floats, chemicals, nets...). Well, you get the drift. That includes the deck, lighting, etc.

We put an ad on Craigslist. Free Pool, Deck, and Goodies. Must disassemble, take ALL, leave no mess. Nothing wrong with the pool, Gimpy ol Marines can't climb in and out. Didn't want to do the maintenance to keep it here for the few occasions when the kids/grandkids visit.

Had eighteen hits. The first hit gets it, and they were coming right up. But a covid scare in their family delayed them, they spent a week waiting on test results, then... they wouldn't commit to a date and time.

So we told them we were sorry, we were pressed for time, we needed to prep the cleared site. They bowed out gracefully, and Tina pm'd the next person on the list. "Tomorrow..." She said. "I'll be there tomorrow!"

They showed up on time, and did a great job. Young schoolteacher with her dad and uncle. She had been clear she wanted the pool for her kids. Between their hard work and Miss T assisting with the new Kubota with the forks installed, it all went smoothly.

After they left, we reinstalled the bucket and Miss Tina filled the holes left by the old deck posts, smoothed the area, worked it with a rake... Now, when Tina's studio is delivered... The spot is ready.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:57 am

Fantastic! Glad to hear you're making progress!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:54 am

Sounds like you are on a roll getting the new place shaped up B'Marine! Send us a pic when you get it ready for show.
0 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:19 am

Nice pictures,Semper Fi.
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:12 am

Grunt67 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:21 am
Yessir! I do believe you've got'em all covered. Proud of you Brother, Marine or not.
Now for those of you that don't know, us old Army & Marine guys yank each others chain at ever opportunity, all in good natured
fun. Truth is I'd take a bullet for him & he'd do the same for me. When the crap hits the fan, that's just the way it is. :D
Lol, yep. That old Marine ain't all bad. I see he does have a picture of the Army Parachute Team , "The Golden Knights" on his wall. I used to jumped with and made the team with the Knights but that was short lived when I went back to Nam for my 2nd tour of duty.
Welcome home, brothers!
2 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.