Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Where were you on November 22, 1963?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Where were you on November 22, 1963?

Post by PatientWolf » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:57 am

I was about 10 weeks from making my debut in this world.
Last edited by PatientWolf on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:07 am

I was at a remote grain elevator in western Minnesota loading corn in one of my Father's semi's. It was a cold dreary day and the grain auger was really slow. The manager came out and told me that Kennedy had been shot. The truck, an old GMC diesel, had a radio in it so I found a local station and started listening. It was quite a long way home and I kept tuning into stations all the way. By the time I got to my house he had been pronounced dead. My Wife at the time was on the couch crying. I was 23.

Sad day.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 am

I was six years old and should have been in school but my strong memory is being in our living room. My mom was ironing and crying while watching the TV. Don’t know why I was in the living room and not at school but maybe it was later in the afternoon after school. Anyway, that’s my memory of that tragic day.
0 x

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:42 pm

I was barely 9 years old and in the 2nd grade. We lived 70 miles to the north of Dallas. The principal came on the PA and said that JFK had been shot and we let out of school early. Got home and my mom asked me why. Mom's mom and dad came over a little later and we watched TV for what seemed like forever for the next 3 days. My folks on both sides were not very kind during those days. On a bright note, I fell in love with History and politics for the rest of my life. I almost went to college for a BA in Political Science but I ended up in Radiology instead.

Muddy Waters62
0 x