Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Remember?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Remember?

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:05 am

We had a variety of six shooters with double holster rigs, rubber Bowie knives, bows and arrows with suction cup tips, and Indian Headdresses. We were four brothers, so Cowboys and Indians was always a part of our regular play day... along with backyard baseball.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 am

I had an anemic old Daisey, my stepdad found at a yard sale. It still shot, but the bb's wouldn't even leave a mark on a can at ten feet. Still a great gun for cowboys and indians. Then he handed me an old eyedrops bottle with baby powder in it. A squirt of baby powder down the bore, and the next shot had a muzzle blast like Jed Clampetts black powder rifle or all those lever guns in the westerns we were watching. That single squirt would last four or five shots.

It was a fad that faded among our group, but it lasted about as long as the summer... And the one container of baby powder we used to fill the pocket sized bottles all summer.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 am

1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 am

Remember
tapatalk_-1608060885.jpeg
tapatalk_-1608060885.jpeg (54.04 KiB) Viewed 265 times

RP
4 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:04 am

My go-to shootin' toy was a slingshot I made. Picked up a nicely v-shaped, thick tree branch in the front yard one time. Used my Kamp-King blade and peeled off the bark, cut a couple of notches, and the best "shot" I could find to fire were small stones from the driveway. I used rubber bands to send out the shot. I think I got slapped by breaking bands more than I hit anything, but lots of fun!

P.S. My Dad made sure that before I mowed grass in the yard, I had to go pick up those stones I piled up everywhere! :lol:
1 x

~Пока~