Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Selling the Farm

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Selling the Farm

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:06 pm

As I mentioned in another post, we have put the farm on the market and have spent a lot of time doing the things you do. We have been knocking out the Honey do's and fixing those little things that you always mean to do and just didn't find the time. Power Washing, minor repairs, and cleaning that you always meant to do. Luckily, this was meant to be our forever home, like an adopted puppy, so over the last several years we have gone thru the place and updated every room in the house except the kitchen. We have been steadily decluttering year after year.
8-)

Now, we have started to pack up things we won't have to have because the realtor told us that if we get a contract, we'll have to be out the day of closing. :? Packing opens your eyes to how much STUFF you really have, and you revisit decluttering again. But, you find yourself taking trips down memory lane as well. I'm glad we are starting early. Today Tina handed me a packet of photos that contained a stack of pictures of Dogs... dogs from as far back as High School and my first years in the Corps, mixed with the Shepherd and the boxer from the last few years. ;) Good dogs all, but some were just outstanding. :)

There was an album of pics that had pics of the cars I had owned.... some great and some that barely ran. Another of friends from my PFC days. Some taken the night before graduation at Boot Camp, when they gave us back our boxes we had packed on arrival. I had a small pocket camera with two rolls of film in mine. I shot 48 pictures and took names and addresses and made prints for everyone. Man were we all skinny after 75 days on the Island. :shock: The memories flood back, some good, some bad, all important. They define us.

As you pack, you thin the herd. Miss Tina has made three trips to the dump, and two to Goodwill. We have set aside a few things for the kids, but a couple years ago we sent all their stuff to them. There will be more trips to the dump, and more to Goodwill for sure. We will still have loads to move, and ... if the place doesn't sell and we stay, unpack and settle back in... :roll: ... we will have done a great job of decluttering and I'll have plenty of target backers for the range. :D :P
7 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Selling the Farm

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Did that a while back Marine looking through my old photos file box. Cant believe Im this damn old. I wish you luck in your journey to the midwest. I hope all goes well.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

mrguvna
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by mrguvna » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Always tough to move not something any of us look forward too for the reason you stated, lots of little things you always meant to do................good luck
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:23 pm

Good luck.
I hate moving. :lol:

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:35 pm

don't envy the moving and do wish you guys the best in turning a new page .... last time we moved was back in 1978, no desire to do it again
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:39 pm

We moved here in the early nineties and never planned to move again.
You just never know.
1 x

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:15 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:39 pm
We moved here in the early nineties and never planned to move again.
You just never know.
Marine, I know exactly what your talking about down to the Skinny. Lol!
We did that in 2014. It's tough, but we got through it. I'm sure you'll get r done.
0 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:54 pm

Last move for us was 1984 and don't plan on any future move...but you never know.

Like others have said hope the big move goes smooth and you enjoy your new place! Have you found your new ranch yet?
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:16 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:54 pm
Last move for us was 1984 and don't plan on any future move...but you never know.

Like others have said hope the big move goes smooth and you enjoy your new place! Have you found your new ranch yet?
We have dozens marked in several locations, but can't go look at any or consider making offers until our place is under contract and likely to close. :D We have watched a half dozen favorites sell... But there are a dozen nicd places out there and more appearing every day.

Ours will sell, or it won't, that's the key.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 pm

Was watching the last show of Home Improvement where Tim and Jill decided to move to Indiana but Jill still loved their house.
Well Tim just jacked it up on a flat bed and off they went! Loved that series...me and my son watched it all the time!
1 x