Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

NASCAR 2020

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
EasyEd
Cowhand
Canada

Re: NASCAR 2020

Post by EasyEd » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:36 pm

Hey All,

Yup nice picture from the past certainly worth of hanging in a NASCAR museum today. Fortunately society is growing up. Times change cultures change people change as they should.

For example one of the best changes NASCAR ever did was get rid of the season long points total determining the champion.

Anyway Kevin and Rodney got outsmarted today.

-Ed-
1 x

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 pm

Some things require change, oil, for example. Changing things to pacify a small segment of society, is not. Some of this borders on ridiculous. Changing the label on a syrup bottle is one of many.
JMHO.
3 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:02 pm

I've been searching around here and there as time allows and just about every site out there is bashing Nascar big time. But, time will tell. The fans in the stands, the viewership and the sponsor support will be powerful indicators.

I never thought I would see it, not this much this quick anyway. Kind of reminds me of the Andy Griffith show where Andy said "Ben, it's almost like you want to end up in the pokey"!! It's almost like Nascar wants it destroyed themselves.
1 x
NRA Member

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Cowboy Gun Fan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:02 pm
I've been searching around here and there as time allows and just about every site out there is bashing Nascar big time. But, time will tell. The fans in the stands, the viewership and the sponsor support will be powerful indicators.

I never thought I would see it, not this much this quick anyway. Kind of reminds me of the Andy Griffith show where Andy said "Ben, it's almost like you want to end up in the pokey"!! It's almost like Nascar wants it destroyed themselves.
Yep. Cowboy fan, kinda like robbing a bank & leaving your drivers license on the counter.
My first step away & not by my choice, was when they started splitting programming between antenna & Sat & cable., now, all this other crap lately, they keep pushing me further out the door. Matter of time 'til they don't have enough left to sell hotdogs.
2 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 pm

should anyone care to send an email to NASCAR about the direction they are traveling, this is a viable email address that I've used in the recent past and know that the emails are open and hopefully read ===> fanfeedback@nascar.com .... I sent one earlier today
2 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:12 pm

I sent mine in way back around the time of the Martinsville race.

I always get a automatic reply back, but never a personal.

Of all the E-mails I've sent through the years, I can't remember one time getting back a reply.

But don't let me dis-courage anyone. Hopefully, they do read them.
0 x
NRA Member

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 pm

Funny as when I gave up on the NBA a few years back, I figured I would never get a reply, but surprisingly I did. I then sent back another, standing my firm ground. It was nice to prove that they do read them though.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm

back when I was a member of their Fan Council we were assured that all are read .... I can only hope that is still the case
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 pm

I also sent them one about that silly 1-Lug Nut change when it was first talked about. I was on a site today and saw where I wasn't the only one who was against it. I thought Nascar was going in the wrong direction then. Little did I know just how wrong they were yet to go.
0 x
NRA Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Was once a BIG NASCAR fan. Now I don't give a hoot what they do. I have too many other things to keep me entertained.
I no longer look forward to Sunday races, nor do I care who wins. Life is too short. All this BS is not going to affect me.
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry