Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Any surveyors here?? Question....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Any surveyors here?? Question....

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am

Have been trying to figure out what the pin to pin distance is in a straight line like if using a range detector to verify
property line location.
Pictured is my copy of information needed from plat showing the front property line specs giving length between the pins and also Radius info. The curve is due to the road
frontage at property line.

Which figures here would be visual a straight line distance between the two pins... "L" or "C" or something else?
I figured "L" would be the walk off distance if using a distance wheel and maybe "C" would be line of sight.

Thanks for any help!
Attachments
plat distance.jpg
plat distance.jpg (102.92 KiB) Viewed 605 times
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Any surveyors here?? Question....

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Did college study and 2 years on the job while in college (a long time ago).
C should be your line of sight.
However with the angle and radius given, the L and C are a few feet different than shown in your diagram.
I can't tell for sure what is meant in the diagram for the minutes part of the angle. If I treat it as .0328 minutes like it's written, C calculates to 456.43 ft.
[update: did the math backwards starting with 457.32 ft for C. Then A comes out 29' 3.28".]
fortyshooter wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am
Have been trying to figure out what the pin to pin distance is in a straight line like if using a range detector to verify
property line location.
Pictured is my copy of information needed from plat showing the front property line specs giving length between the pins and also Radius info. The curve is due to the road
frontage at property line.

Which figures here would be visual a straight line distance between the two pins... "L" or "C" or something else?
I figured "L" would be the walk off distance if using a distance wheel and maybe "C" would be line of sight.

Thanks for any help!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:52 pm

That's what I was thinking and thanks for your professional explanation!
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 pm

Hardly professional. All the work I did required review and sign off of a licensed civil PE. I had several do-overs.
fortyshooter wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:52 pm
That's what I was thinking and thanks for your professional explanation!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234