Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Camo Recliner

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Camo Recliner

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Cowpokey wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:38 am
Nice, we used to fish for kiptopeake cows for the six weeks they would show up every winter at the concrete ships. Never landed one that big, but hooked a few and enjoyed the sleigh ride. :lol: These days, it's the Commander or Bonefide kayaks and mostly farm ponds and lakes for large mouth bass. Will float the James for smallies when we can set it up. :lol:
I catch quite a few smallies in the Susquehanna River below the Conowingo Dam. That's why I have the Quest 13, wouldn't want to have peddles up in those rocks! Catch quite a few Rockfish in those rocks too, best one so far is a 28" that I got a couple years ago early in the morning late part of July.

People are saying the snakeheads and blue cats are taking over the river, but I haven't caught either one in there...yet.
I would like to throw the six or seven wt at some snakeheads but Tina isn't up for that. We have then in the Potomac in the creek mouths on the Virginia side. Some of them are monsters. ;)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:18 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:53 pm
Cowpokey wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:38 am
Nice, we used to fish for kiptopeake cows for the six weeks they would show up every winter at the concrete ships. Never landed one that big, but hooked a few and enjoyed the sleigh ride. :lol: These days, it's the Commander or Bonefide kayaks and mostly farm ponds and lakes for large mouth bass. Will float the James for smallies when we can set it up. :lol:
I catch quite a few smallies in the Susquehanna River below the Conowingo Dam. That's why I have the Quest 13, wouldn't want to have peddles up in those rocks! Catch quite a few Rockfish in those rocks too, best one so far is a 28" that I got a couple years ago early in the morning late part of July.

People are saying the snakeheads and blue cats are taking over the river, but I haven't caught either one in there...yet.
I would like to throw the six or seven wt at some snakeheads but Tina isn't up for that. We have then in the Potomac in the creek mouths on the Virginia side. Some of them are monsters. ;)
They are spreading all over the Bay. We fished for them in a creek off of the Bush River up here, I know they are in there because one of my buddies caught them in there. I've caught them over in Blackwater on the Eastern Shore, that was a lot of fun, but it's such a long drive...2 1/2 hours each way; if I'm going that far I'd rather be in the salt going after specks, bluefish and stripers.

Much like being addicted to .22lr, I'm also addicted to ultra light fly fishing, really enjoy getting out with my 2wt or if I feel like using the big gun I grab the 3wt. I have some normal fly rods in 4, 6, 7 and 9wt, and they have there place but don't make it out that often. Catching carp on the 6wt from a kayak is a great deal of fun when the 17 year cicada hatch gets fired up, 2021 should be the next big one...not looking forward to that with the scooter though, it might have to stay in the garage for that time frame. :shock:
0 x
MSgt USAF - Retired, 1990-2014
VFW (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:48 pm

I love my 3 wt. and it is a great teaching tool. Girlfriend was struggling with the 5, but took right to the 3. The fly rod brings game and finesse to fishing.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:51 pm

I mostly throw a 6wt for bass or a 4wt for big bream or Crappie here. Miss T is a master tyer and her flies are killers. I tie, but I am just a tyer. She is deadly. She had a pair of realistic dragonflies on display with a few crickets for added interest at the local Orvis for a two week period several years ago that got extended... to just over two years. Every time we'd call about dropping in to pic them up they'd say, "They aren't in the way."

Turns out they were selling the tying materials off the shelf with folks wanting to tie the dragon flies and the crickets with the display in place. We finally went and nabbed the display when three different clerks called asking what Tina would take for the terrarium and it's contents as a long time customer wanted to buy it for his wife for Christmas. Not For Sale wasn't getting thru. We went and got it before it came up missing. ;) We just walked in, picked up the Display and walked out. Not one person said anything. :shock:
3 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Here is a peek at the display and the Dragon close up.

dragonfly realistic.jpg
dragonfly realistic.jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
Tinas dragons at Orvis 2.jpg
Tinas dragons at Orvis 2.jpg (132.16 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
3 x

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:32 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:51 pm
I mostly throw a 6wt for bass or a 4wt for big bream or Crappie here. Miss T is a master tyer and her flies are killers. I tie, but I am just a tyer. She is deadly. She had a pair of realistic dragonflies on display with a few crickets for added interest at the local Orvis for a two week period several years ago that got extended... to just over two years. Every time we'd call about dropping in to pic them up they'd say, "They aren't in the way."

Turns out they were selling the tying materials off the shelf with folks wanting to tie the dragon flies and the crickets with the display in place. We finally went and nabbed the display when three different clerks called asking what Tina would take for the terrarium and it's contents as a long time customer wanted to buy it for his wife for Christmas. Not For Sale wasn't getting thru. We went and got it before it came up missing. ;) We just walked in, picked up the Display and walked out. Not one person said anything. :shock:
I too am a tyer...just a tyer. My flies catch fish, but they are no masterpieces like Miss T's creations...beautiful.

Great story on the display, glad some yahoo didn't pick it up and walk out with it while nobody batted and eye. :shock:
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:19 pm

That is a very cool chair. Careful where you put it in the house, might not see it.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Ended up coming back home without the recliner and ordering one online. Free shipping to the house, and a chair that hasn't had who knows how many strangers butts in it. The only one they had "in stock" was the one on the floor. I'll manage for a week or two until it gets here.
2 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Looks like a good chair to set in front of a woodstove and spend the winter in.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:30 pm

The one thing you have to watch out for is comfy recliners have a way of calling to you. Then, when you sit, "just for a minute...." :? They whisper a lullaby in your ear, :roll: and the day has turned to dusk when you wake. :o

DAMHIKT... :D
2 x