Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Health update......

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Health update......

Post by markiver54 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Unfortunately, anymore, healthcare is out of control...as we all know!
I do think I am safely within the realm of the political forum rules. I do not think there is a single member out there that would disagree.
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:59 am

That's odd. Our insurance will only cover vaccinations performed at a pharmacy. Doctor's office vaccinations aren't covered.
Ernie wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:41 pm
My insurance carrier misinformed me about being able to get a shot at the pharmacy. Walgreens informed me that my insurance would only pay for a shot at a doctor's office. I am checking into getting one at the county health department to avoid paying for a doctor visit.
I have been getting a flu shot for the last 12 years and have been fortunate to not have gotten sick with the crud my co-workers were suffering from.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:21 pm

It's all up to the insurance company. They can be very different. I know from my previous employer changing providers 2 or 3 times... :roll:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Same here.

Pharmacy provided Shingrix shots = free (secondary insurance full coverage). Drs' office = hundreds of dollars (no coverage at all).

Flu shots are only a bit different now. I have gotten a full physical in October for decades, and would also get a flu shot at the same time. Last year, for the first time, the Drs' office charged me a co-pay and they charged my insurance company for an additional office visit because a flu shot is not part of a normal, annual physical (for which there is no co-pay). I complained and was kindly reimbursed for the $15 co-pay. This year, however, I will forgo the flu shot during my physical and get it from the pharmacy, instead.
Mags wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:59 am
That's odd. Our insurance will only cover vaccinations performed at a pharmacy. Doctor's office vaccinations aren't covered.
Ernie wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:41 pm
My insurance carrier misinformed me about being able to get a shot at the pharmacy. Walgreens informed me that my insurance would only pay for a shot at a doctor's office. I am checking into getting one at the county health department to avoid paying for a doctor visit.
I have been getting a flu shot for the last 12 years and have been fortunate to not have gotten sick with the crud my co-workers were suffering from.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Remember, the insurance company is also being charged an exorbitant amount just for an office visit at the doctor.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Exactly. That's my primary reason for getting a flu shot from the pharmacy from now on. I can afford the $15 co-pay. That's not the point; it just seems absurd that while I am already in the office for a physical that they would charge my insurance company for an additional office visit just to get a vaccine injection.

Prohealth and other medical management systems only care about their business profits... M.D.'s who care about patients are being held captive. At least, that's what I've been told.
markiver54 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:34 pm
Remember, the insurance company is also being charged an exorbitant amount just for an office visit at the doctor.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:08 pm

I found out very recently that it is my insurance company that determines what is permissible in a well check visit. In order for the doctor to bill outside of that the doctor can only justify the additional procedure as part of a separate office visit. In office shots, freezing off of skin lesions and other trivial office procedures get billed with a separate office visit billing. Otherwise the insurance won't cover the procedure.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:47 pm

I see. So, as of last year, my insurance company started telling my Doctor to charge them (quite a bit) more than they had been charged for the same services in the past. Makes sense.
Mags wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:08 pm
I found out very recently that it is my insurance company that determines what is permissible in a well check visit. In order for the doctor to bill outside of that the doctor can only justify the additional procedure as part of a separate office visit. In office shots, freezing off of skin lesions and other trivial office procedures get billed with a separate office visit billing. Otherwise the insurance won't cover the procedure.
0 x

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:44 am

I am late to the conversation but this really works https://www.peacefulmountain.com/produc ... ic-remedy/. I had shingles on my face and no scars or nerve damage.
0 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:57 am

Tina had a doc she really liked and trusted for years, and moved with her when she moved into larger, newer facilities with more equipment and much nicer rooms. She had been her doc for more than twenty years when she up and suddenly retired, relatively young for a doc. (She was only fifty. The doc's first husband had died in a tragic accident and the insurance left her very "comfortable" ). She told T she was sorry, but as much as she loved her work and her patients, the red tape and paperwork for patient's insurance, plus the ever increasing malpractice insurance costs and office staff issues were giving HER stress related health issues. She was done.

:cry:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.