Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Me and the dog sick.....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Me and the dog sick.....

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:20 am

I had a rash and pain coming on since Friday and last night Buster has to head for the door at 12:30 AM with issues at both ends!!
Think he got into a few acorns during the day and was up and down with him all thru the night.
Went to Doc this morning and yep I have the shingles....Buster goes to his Doc in a couple hours.

Going to be a fun 3-4 wks for me and hopefully nothing to serious for Buster.
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Me and the dog sick.....

Post by clovishound » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:25 am

Do you have the architectural, or 3 tab. I understand the architectural last longer.

Hope you get over them soon. I hear they are no fun.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:34 am

Sorry to read about Buster and very sorry to read about your shingles. It can be very painful.

Several years ago I had a shingles vaccine shot that was said to be somewhat effective, and six weeks ago I got the first of a newer, two shot vaccine that is supposed to be much more effective.

It sounds like it was diagnosed quickly, which should limit the duration with treatment. Good luck.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:48 am

Okay, I'm going to stop for a shingles shot this morning...get better soon!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

hate to hear of both sure hope for a speedy recovery .... we have had the shingles shot and my wife later came down with them ... we were told that by having the shot she had a "mild" case .... if hers was mild, I really feel for those who have had a full blown case .... CT -- thanks for the heads-up on the new shingles shots .... we will be checking with our Doctor shortly
1 x

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:09 pm

Ouch...

I'm recovering from Shingles now. I didn't know what it was when I started getting the rash. I thought it was a heat rash or something. Wrong!!!

It's been about 8 weeks now and I'm still dealing with the nerve damage from the outbreak. Shingles affects your whole nerve band from the roots to the surface. I got it on my right side from my back around to my sternum. The first symptom was when I was doing the dishes and my back started aching. A few days later I saw the rash on my rib area.

No fun.

I hope you and Buster recover quickly.
1 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:48 pm

While it was available from my GP, Medicare wouldn't cover it for some odd bureaucratic reason. The Dr.'s cost was near $300. Medicare covers it totally at a pharmacy, though. I have to get the second shot soon, but it is not always available because of a very high demand. I was advised to call them regularly starting this week to check on their inventory. The name of the vaccine is Shingrix.
JEBar wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am
CT -- thanks for the heads-up on the new shingles shots .... we will be checking with our Doctor shortly
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Same here, high demand and always out of stock.
CT_Shooter wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:48 pm
... I was advised to call them [pharmacy] regularly ... to check on their inventory. The name of the vaccine is Shingrix.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Had them on the back of my right leg about 4 years ago. Thought at first it was poison ivy because it itched so bad.
Went to the Doc and she said, no, shingles. Mine was a mild case relatively speaking. Was out of work for two weeks because I could not wear long pants; too painful. Mine, all total lasted about one month.
Hope yours is a mild case. Have heard the condition can last months or even years. :(
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:05 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:48 pm
While it was available from my GP, Medicare wouldn't cover it for some odd bureaucratic reason. The Dr.'s cost was near $300. Medicare covers it totally at a pharmacy, though. I have to get the second shot soon, but it is not always available because of a very high demand. I was advised to call them regularly starting this week to check on their inventory. The name of the vaccine is Shingrix.

thanks again for the info .... will most certainly call
0 x