Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Me and the dog sick.....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Me and the dog sick.....

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:17 pm

a couple of hours ago my wife called a different Walgreens (one actually closer to our home) .... she was told they have plenty on hand .... first thing in the morning we go for our first shingles shot and a flu shot
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:52 am

as noted above, in calling around we found that the normal Walgreens we use has such a long waiting list that they aren't adding any more names to it .... yesterday by calling another Walgreens that is actually closer to our home, we were told to come on in .... this morning we did and ended up with the first shingles shot in one arm and a flu shot in the other .... we have to go back in two months to get the second shingles shot .... its my understanding that the new shot is designed for folks age 65 and older ....

SHINGRIX ====> https://www.shingrix.com/index.html?cc= ... &gclsrc=ds
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:30 pm

I received my second dose of Shingrix last Friday morning; sixty days from the first, exactly. Unlike the first shot, which only resulted in a very sore arm for a few days, the second shot left me not only with a sore arm, but a nagging sinus headache as well (I have not had a headache like that in decades) and a flu-like congestion that lasted for two days. I'm now several days out after the second dose and my arm is still a bit sore, though only slightly so. It's better than dealing with Shingles.

I declined the flu shot until next month.
JEBar wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:52 am
as noted above, in calling around we found that the normal Walgreens we use has such a long waiting list that they aren't adding any more names to it .... yesterday by calling another Walgreens that is actually closer to our home, we were told to come on in .... this morning we did and ended up with the first shingles shot in one arm and a flu shot in the other .... we have to go back in two months to get the second shingles shot .... its my understanding that the new shot is designed for folks age 65 and older ....

SHINGRIX ====> https://www.shingrix.com/index.html?cc= ... &gclsrc=ds
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:13 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:30 pm
I received my second dose of Shingrix last Friday morning; sixty days from the first, exactly. Unlike the first shot, which only resulted in a very sore arm for a few days, the second shot left me not only with a sore arm, but a nagging sinus headache as well (I have not had a headache like that in decades) and a flu-like congestion that lasted for two days. I'm now several days out after the second dose and my arm is still a bit sore, though only slightly so
:shock: .... OH MY .... not exactly something to look forward to .... when I go back for my second Shingrix I also have to have my second pneumonia vaccination
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Wife and I got the Shingrix at the same time. After a while her arm really hurt. So bad she couldn't sleep on it. I felt like I had just little bruise spot, but the next day I generally felt lousy. Too soon here for flu shots. They won't last through the flu season here if we get them now. We'll get them first part of November.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Mags wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 pm
Wife and I got the Shingrix at the same time. After a while her arm really hurt. So bad she couldn't sleep on it. I felt like I had just little bruise spot, but the next day I generally felt lousy. Too soon here for flu shots. They won't last through the flu season here if we get them now. We'll get them first part of November.
e

Thanks Mags and others. I am learning, and it helps to hear about others' experiences.
Wish no discomfort on anyone!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:32 pm

as an FYI, 12 hrs after having the new Shingles and this year's Flue shot, I can sure tell a difference .... Flu shot in right arm, no problem .... SHINGRIX shot in left is a very different matter .... the soreness reminds me of the reaction of the early flu shots .... arm sore ... general queasiness but nothing significant
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 pm

The window for the 2nd Shingrix is 2-6 months. We'll start checking pharmacies in Nov. and at least get the flu shot then.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Mags wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 pm
The window for the 2nd Shingrix is 2-6 months. We'll start checking pharmacies in Nov. and at least get the flu shot then.
no clue as to how they have put this together but the Walgreens where we had our shots has already booked an appointment for us to come back for the second shot .... they said no call prior to coming would be necessary
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:29 am

We were told at the first shot that they would send us a reminder when it was time for the 2nd, but couldn't guarantee they'd actually have it available. Ours doesn't do a awaiting list nor take reservations. Strictly a walk-in first come basis. When we checked with Costco, they would put us on a call list for when they had inventory, but other than that they too here are strictly a walk-in first come basis.
JEBar wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm
Mags wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 pm
no clue as to how they have put this together but the Walgreens where we had our shots has already booked an appointment for us to come back for the second shot .... they said no call prior to coming would be necessary
0 x