Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Switching To DISH

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Switching To DISH

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:50 am
Yes, you can. What you do is the next time you call them and get someone in say, the Philippines, you ask for a US technician. They will do that if asked. Then you tell the US tech that you only want to talk to US techs from then one, and that will be done by putting a note in account. I have found that the US techs are very helpful.

sure hope to not need to contact them anytime soon but if/when I do, I will keep this in mind .... happy to report that when I checked a little while ago our DISH system is working as it should .... the system powered up quickly and easily .... shows I scheduled to be recorded overnight were completed .... Smile 8-)
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Did you try out the two different coax yet?
JEBar wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 am
.... happy to report that when I checked a little while ago our DISH system is working as it should ....
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:26 pm

not yet .... once I got it working I decided to take care of making sure all aspects service are working .... right now that includes setting up and anchoring our new Carryout .... in taking a look at the cables I can see inside the TV compartment I've found a couple that can be shortened a few feet .... doubt it will make much (if any) difference in the reception but it can't hurt .... my hope is spend some time after we are setup in Chesapeake next Monday testing coax .... I'm really curious as to the maximum distance we can run coax between the camper and the Carryout
Attachments
191002 001 set up 001.jpg
191002 001 set up 001.jpg (78.38 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:30 pm

earlier today we used our roof mounted CarryOut G2 antenna to lock onto DISH satellites for the second time .... the first time we were parked among trees and frankly I was surprised it managed to lock onto a signal .... this time we have a clear view of the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western skies ..Smile :).. not to mention all of the sky between them ..Cool :cool:.. the last time we were here we were using Direct TV and the same CarryOut G2 .... as part of taking care of things inside of our camper when setting up and breaking camp, my wife customarily handles getting getting our television going .... she says it seems to her that there isn't much difference but it locks onto a DISH signal a bit faster than it did to one from Direct .... we are still learning about this new system but things do seem to be coming together
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:24 am

earlier this morning I received the following info in an email from DISH :

"We are pleased to announce that DISH and the FOX Corporation have reached a multi-year agreement for stations including FS1, FS2, Big10Network, FOX Soccer + and FOX Deportes.

We greatly appreciate your patience and support while we worked to bring your stations back."
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:48 pm

we are currently camped near Gloucester, VA which is 231 driving miles / 187 straight line miles from home .... we were wondering if we would be able to get our local home stations on our with our new DISH service .... happy to report that is the case
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 am

Here is a site for Dish that shows spot beam coverage. You need to select your area and then a list will come up of localities covered. Kinda complicated, but it does work.

http://jameslong.name
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm

info / link appreciated .... if I figured it out correctly, the area covered by the Raleigh local affiliates is very much in keeping with what we have experienced so far
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:58 am

equipment update :

we purchased a Pace International external hard drive (link below) to go with the DISH Wally receiver ... it is advertised to "Record up to 100 hours of HD programming." ... to date we have saved 17 movies which have taken up 3% of its capacity .... it is easy to use and is proving to be a good addition to our system

https://www.amazon.com/Pace-Internation ... 98&sr=8-17
1 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 am

Yes, we put a hard drive on our 211 a few years back. works great.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66