Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Walmart feeling the heat!

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Mfg'd Ammunition Online Sources

Post by Mags » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Last edited by Mags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
4 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

bmsma
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Mfg'd Ammunition Online Sources

Post by bmsma » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:08 pm

if we run across a sale online or local is it ok to put the vender name or even a link ?? just as a fyi to everyone ??
0 x
Troy Jones
N Oklahoma,

1/2 of a old hippy couple just trying to enjoy life.
proud son of a WWII Veteran, Proud Father of a Veteran, Veteran USAF 85-92

ride safe, ride free, never forget those who paid for our freedom

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 pm

bmsma wrote:if we run across a sale online or local is it ok to put the vender name or even a link ?? just as a fyi to everyone ??
Doesn't appear to violate the current rules for this forum as currently worded.
Rules: http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... &t=68#p378

The advertising and selling occurs elsewhere at the 3rd party sellers own website.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 am

I've had good luck with prices and service here:

www.sgammo.com
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:24 am

bmsma wrote:if we run across a sale online or local is it ok to put the vender name or even a link ?? just as a fyi to everyone ??

Mags response above is correct .... our forum does not permit members to buy or sell ammo or firearms on the open forum .... we do encourage members to post comments and links related to businesses they deal with on most any product ....
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:30 am

Recommendations for vendors and services regarding ammunition are most definitely welcome and encouraged. Before this forum was created, ammunition links usually appeared in the "Good Deals" forum, which encompasses a very broad range of shooting and outdoor sports products and services.

This new, specific forum should serve to advise our community and readers about both favorable ammunition vendors and personal reviews of various brands and configurations of commercially manufactured ammunition, most particularly that which can be used in Henry firearms.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's opinions and recommendations.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 am

Q to CT, and any other Admins.

I jumped over to the "Good Deals" forum mentioned by CT_Shooter, and noticed quite a number of ammunition threads. Could they possibly be moved into this new forum?

Additionally, if Henry Folk in their Forum searches find other ammunition-related threads, might those also be consolidated here?
Just a thot...I know it's extra work, so either a yea or nay is okay. Thanks.
PT7
CT_Shooter wrote:Recommendations for vendors and services regarding ammunition are most definitely welcome and encouraged. Before this forum was created, ammunition links usually appeared in the "Good Deals" forum, which encompasses a very broad range of shooting and outdoor sports products and services.

This new, specific forum should serve to advise our community and readers about both favorable ammunition vendors and personal reviews of various brands and configurations of commercially manufactured ammunition, most particularly that which can be used in Henry firearms.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's opinions and recommendations.
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm

I support PTs suggestion to consolidate, but with a filter. Some of the 'Good Deals' website sales have expired. So there would need to be some vetting on which website links to bring over. Maybe just bring over the home page of those expired sales.
0 x

bmsma
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by bmsma » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm

well i was just wanting to pass along brownells has cci 36 grn 22lr on sale for 6.99 / 100 if anyone needs some. they have other cci's on sale as well
0 x
Troy Jones
N Oklahoma,

1/2 of a old hippy couple just trying to enjoy life.
proud son of a WWII Veteran, Proud Father of a Veteran, Veteran USAF 85-92

ride safe, ride free, never forget those who paid for our freedom

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Good thread. Can't wait to see all the ammo I can't get across the border.... :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully