Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Those strange but lucky little things in life....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Those strange but lucky little things in life....

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Lyman wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 pm
I work in a Military Staging area. We get them all the time. The pest control guy finally gave me a can of spray that works like nothing else I have seen. Not sure what it is as it has a blank white label on the can. It drops them in a seconds
Brake cleaner?? That works great for me if I need to knock one down without a residue all over stuff.

I took care of the nest and it was interesting!
The nest was stuck to side of an old piece of 2x4 with half of the nest in the ground. This was covered up by an old tarp with
a small piece of scrap siding board.
I carefully removed each layer of cover very quickly and then would go for cover which was the garage side exit door nearby.
When I pulled the tarp away there was a large mass of angry yellow jackets on top of nest :shock:

After a few hours of a cool down period and just before dark a good gasoline dump took care of it!
Nest about size of a softball.
1 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Those strange but lucky little things in life....

Post by Lyman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Fortyshooter, I think it was wasp killer but I'm not sure. We have strict hazmat rules hence the plain white label I guess.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.