Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

She hated it

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: She hated it

Post by Mistered » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:22 pm

She shot her dad's gun, it scared her.
What was the caliber of her dad's gun?
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Perhaps it's also the additional noise and hubbub at the range... There may have been others there with monsters... Forty fours, etc.

If you have, or have access to a bb, or pellet gun, try shooting ice cubes in the back yard at short distances. They explode, giving instant feedback, but there is no danger of injury and mr. Sun handles your cleanup. You can also fill and freeze the cheap thin plastic bottles dollar store drinking water comes in. Once frozen solid, cut away the plastic bottle and put your ice bottles in a cooler. Shoot those and they break, but no glass to pick up. Again, mr. Sun to the rescue. :D

These guns are lighter, cheaper to shoot, loads quieter, and as long as you have a safe backstop, can be shot nearly anywhere. :D
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:10 pm

@mistered her dad's gun is a .38 special. I chose that due to the ease of use, and light trigger.
It turns out she had a firecracker blow up I'm her hand, so this triggered her fear. (No pun intended)
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Yes a firecracker going off in hand will stick in the ol' memory bank!

Now my wife had never shot a gun until 2010 and that was the year I bought my first SA .45 Colt Ruger New Vaquero.
So we stop by the local indoor range so I can get some shots thru it and I brought along my little S&W .38 Special snubbie for her to shoot.

Well after a few cylinders of .38 Special she wanted to try my new .45 Colt and you know what....She LOVED it!
You just never know!
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Wish I could get mine on that track Forty. I am a loner in this relationship where guns and shooting are concerned, but that's ok. At least she can appreciate and tolerate my interests!☺
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry