Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Sleep Apnea

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Sleep Apnea

Post by JEBar » Fri May 10, 2019 3:52 pm

for the last 10 or so years I've used a CPAP machine both at home and while on the road .... my wife manually sterilizes the hose and nose piece daily .... doing so isn't a huge task but it does take time and ties up one of the two sinks in our camper for a while each day .... the water tank is removed and cleaned as needed .... as a result of having ongoing sinus problems for a long time now I broke down and ordered a SoClean 2 machine .... for anyone considering ordering one, I recommend calling the company (number in the link), have your CPAP machine handy so that you can give them accurate info, and place the order with the person you are talking to .... it proved to be simple to setup and is running its first disinfectant cycle right now .... don't know yet if it will help with the sinus issues but I'm pretty sure it can't hurt .... just wondering if any of our folks have experience using a SoClean ..?

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 44a#p28694
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Sleep Apnea

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri May 10, 2019 4:25 pm

I've used a ResMed CPAP machine for nearly 20 years; my newest machine is about four years old; however, I get a new face mask, hose, air filters, and humidifier regularly. I change the components as soon as I get replacements and only use distilled water in the humidifier. I couldn't/wouldn't sleep without it. I've seen the TV ads for the SoClean device, but didn't think it was necessary.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 10, 2019 9:09 pm

understood on the cost .... for the cost of buying a SoClean, I could have packed a few thousand more bullets in our supply cabinet .... the convenience of not having to take the time daily to clean ours is worth something .... I like the fact that it can be set to run at any time of the day or can be activated on demand .... it came set to run each day at 10AM but with us taking ours on the road that wouldn't work for us .... we reset it for 4PM because we make our daily travel to where we are done for the day and setup in a campground no later than 3PM .... did run it manually, will see what, if anything, different I can tell tonight
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Fri May 10, 2019 9:23 pm

My wife did a lot of research on the cleaning machine and what she found out was not good. It will be interesting to see how well it works.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm

interesting .... I didn't order mine from Amazon but the one I ordered directly from SoClean has a 4.4 out of 5.0 rating based on 663 responses .... 74% gave it a 5 star rating .... hope that proves to be the case
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:40 am

My son has severe apnea. He was finally able to get the machine but can't afford the SoClean. Has to clean it manually.
As far as having the CPAP now, my daughter-in-law said it changed the quality of life for both of them!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat May 11, 2019 11:45 am

I went to the dentist. I got a device for the mouth that holds the jaw forward. My health insurance paid for everything. It worked like a charm and was easy to clean. Toothbrush and tooth paste. After loosing a lot of weight, I don't have the sleep apnea issues.
3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:51 am

daytime dave wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:45 am
I went to the dentist. I got a device for the mouth that holds the jaw forward. My health insurance paid for everything. It worked like a charm and was easy to clean. Toothbrush and tooth paste. After loosing a lot of weight, I don't have the sleep apnea issues.
Good to hear Dave! I was extremely concerned for my son, as apnea can be VERY dangerous!
He would stop breathing several times a night. :(
Thanks for the info. Will mention that to him as a possible alternative. He COULD stand to lose a little weight too!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat May 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Can be dangerous. My wife had Apnea and it led to Afib in her heart. We went through all the options with CPAP machines and dental fixtures. Insurance was really good about paying for all that stuff. None of it really helped with the Apnea. What helped? A night time diffuser dispensing into the air a product called Breath. https://www.doterra.com/US/en/p/breathe ... -blend-oil
edit add: Also comes in a vapor stick for use on the go. https://www.doterra.com/US/en/p/doterra ... apor-stick
markiver54 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:51 am
daytime dave wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:45 am
Good to hear Dave! I was extremely concerned for my son, as apnea can be VERY dangerous!
He would stop breathing several times a night. :(
Thanks for the info. Will mention that to him as a possible alternative. He COULD stand to lose a little weight too!
Last edited by Mags on Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks Mags for another option to consider!
May work for my wife also as she suffers from allergies this time of year!..interesting. :idea:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry