Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Sleep Apnea

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Sleep Apnea

Post by JEBar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:44 pm

UPDATE :

I've now been using the SoClean machine for 2 months .... my sinus problems are all but gone .... with using the SoClean machine being the only change made during that time, I credit it with the sinus improvement .... prior to using the machine we had to manually clean/sterilize my mask and hose daily .... doing so has been totally eliminated .... with the SoClean, the CPAP's water reservoir is only cleaned manually every 3 or 4 weeks .... bottom line, the SoClean machine appears to living up to its promise
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 am

a message saying to order a replacement filter appeared on my SoClean's screen this morning .... I've been wondering if that would be the case .... I do have 2 new filters on hand and thankfully there is a UTube video available on the sequence to replacing the filter and resetting the machine ... I continue to be pleased with our machine and do believe that it is making a positive difference
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:02 am

JEBar wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 am
a message saying to order a replacement filter appeared on my SoClean's screen this morning .... I've been wondering if that would be the case .... I do have 2 new filters on hand and thankfully there is a UTube video available on the sequence to replacing the filter and resetting the machine ... I continue to be pleased with our machine and do believe that it is making a positive difference
Whatever we can do to improve the quality of our lives, the better!
Glad it is making a positive difference!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:55 am

replacement filter element and flow valve inserted into the machine ... pushed two buttons and a smiley face icon appeared on the screen .... guess we are good to go for another 6 months
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:09 pm

I picked up a new ResMed CPAP device yesterday to replace one that went defective and was out of warranty. To get it, I had to have a new sleep study to confirm the original Apnea diagnosis. I've faithfully used a CPAP for ten years and this is now my third device.

The Respiratory Therapist did his usual product orientation, which was somewhat helpful since the machines have changed a bit since I got my last one five years ago.

I'm posting this here because during his orientation he warned me against using SoClean machine saying that ozone is known to destroy the internal working parts of the device. ResMed has documented those effects, which are apparently obvious, and specifically excludes machines from their warranty that are identified as having failed because of ozone damage .

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/product-wa ... formation/
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Very valuable information for those who suffer from Apnea. My son is one of them.
Thank you Stan!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:43 pm

0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Thanks, Mags. Can you point us to the scientific research that describes these essential oils (dōTERRA Breathe®) as effect treatments for Sleep Apnea?
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Nope. From personal experience only. Breathe is Eucalyptus oil. Same as in Vicks and Mentholatum. The stuff that opens up our airways.
CT_Shooter wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:31 pm
Thanks, Mags. Can you point us to the scientific research that describes these essential oils (dōTERRA Breathe®) as effect treatments for Sleep Apnea?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 am

I just got off of the phone with a Supervisor at SoClean ... I raised the issue provided in the link from ResMed .... he said that the ONLY ResMed machine involved is their Airsense 10 .... with that machine ResMed has said they suspect Ozone may have a negative impact on the material surrounding the motor .... they also say they do not have any direct proof that it does .... ResMed and SoClean are involved in intensive testing and hope to have an update to release in the not too distant future .... our CPAP system is a ResMed System One so there is no concern with using our SoClean
1 x