Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Diet Time

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Diet Time

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:25 am

Frustrating for me as I currently have little control regarding weight gain due to immobility.
Had remained at 195 for a long time, but now up to 205. Am awaiting back surgery and was diagnosed this week with a DVT. :(
Double whammy!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:51 pm

I too am well loved, and I know portions are my issue. Since March I have cut my portions, and dropped steadily. I went from 220 to 207 in 3 months. I have maintained, now I have to tighten the portions up again. I have slowly let them grow! I want to lose more weight in a slow and steady fashion. My goal is to be in the 190s by fall.
2 x
I never take myself seriously....

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 pm

When I shattered my femur, the hospital folks were always trying to feed me fattening foods, and me flat on my back or stuck in the wheel chair. The dietician ratted me out to the doc and I told him I would eat, but the cakes, ice cream, and fat had to go. They sent the head dietician to work with me and I lost weight in the hospital.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:45 pm

For me it was a losing battle because I had always been active. Running, workouts, mountain biking, softball, competitive shooting, kayaking, flyfishing... Of course when I left the Corps after two major knee surgeries, I slowly climbed from 190 to about 220... But I still could easily do my job.

Then that final bout of major surgeries... Put a halt to most everything. But I didn't change my eating habits. The weight kept creeping after that. Miss T was cooking healthy, but large plates and big guy portions weren't helpful. 250, and then 260 came, and got went. The doc frowned, but other than suggesting a diet... What do you tell the fat guy i n the wheelchair?

At 278, when the bloodtest can scare the fat boy, :twisted: you say... "Lose weight fat boy, or you won't get much older." 8-) Then, you can do the Dr. Evil laugh. .. Bwah hah hah.

That will tighten a sphincter. :o

Then the doc relented, and told me it wasn't that bad yet...
... But if I didn't change my ways... :?

So...
248.5 this morning. I have lost thirty pounds in two months by changing my lifestyle..

;)
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:02 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:45 pm
For me it was a losing battle because I had always been active. Running, workouts, mountain biking, softball, competitive shooting, kayaking, flyfishing... Of course when I left the Corps after two major knee surgeries, I slowly climbed from 190 to about 220... But I still could easily do my job.

Then that final bout of major surgeries... Put a halt to most everything. But I didn't change my eating habits. The weight kept creeping after that. Miss T was cooking healthy, but large plates and big guy portions weren't helpful. 250, and then 260 came, and got went. The doc frowned, but other than suggesting a diet... What do you tell the fat guy i n the wheelchair?

At 278, when the bloodtest can scare the fat boy, :twisted: you say... "Lose weight fat boy, or you won't get much older." 8-) Then, you can do the Dr. Evil laugh. .. Bwah hah hah.

That will tighten a sphincter. :o

Then the doc relented, and told me it wasn't that bad yet...
... But if I didn't change my ways... :?

So...
248.5 this morning. I have lost thirty pounds in two months by changing my lifestyle..

;)
Congrats on your achievement Jim. Starting to think you and Miss T are your own best doctors. You aint no fat guy in a chair!
You are a Marine and survivor!!!
248.5 is great since the start of your diet. I, personally have recently and unfortunately, gone the opposite direction. 195 to 205.
Am pretty immobile for the last month or so awaiting back surgery. Trying to cope with my failing body. I know you will keep fighting, as will I. :(
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Hang in there brother...
It was six months for me... I had to learn to walk again when I shattered that femur. The docs had to rebuild the bone and turn the foot back around. :D
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 am

There's the bottom line so far! Doing good, keep at it!
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:45 pm
... 248.5 this morning. I have lost thirty pounds in two months by changing my lifestyle... ;)
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:00 am

You got this!
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:13 am

245.2 this morning; Still moving in the right direction.
I fluctuate up and down a pound or a half pound back and forth,
But keep moving slowly down.
Still staying around 1,000 calories per day.
Miss T suggested a treat last night, we drove into town for ice cream. :P

First in several months... Brewsters.
One Scoop... Chocolate. One short shot of whipped cream, no nuts, sprinkles... Etc. ;)
300 calories. I had to look that up.

I asked the girl behind the counter if she had a calorie matrix before I ordered... She grinned.

"Never seen one." Shook her head. " It would probably terrify most people. ". :?

Turtle Sundae... 1,100 calories. :twisted:
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:43 pm

Yesterday was ninety days on the formal change of diet. Miss T and I actually started about ten days before all the materials arrived by mail from the RN that manages the program. I was 278 when I started, and got down as low as 242, a couple days ago. I was at 243 this morning. I have gotten used to the new life style, and dont find it that hard to stay in the 1,000 to 1,500 calorie range.

Every now and then I can treat myself, but carefully. Miss T made oatmeal cookies last week, but three had the same value as my bowl of oatmeal I would have for breakfast, or two the same as one of the kellogs breakfast bars. The trick is not to have three at breakfast, three after lunch, and half dozen in the evening while watching tv. (Nope, just a couple with coffee for breakfast.)

The ninety day program is over, I PLAN to stay in the new groove, and on the downward slope, weight wise... If possible, to 200. :D
1 x