Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

more covers

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

more covers

Post by dave77 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:03 pm

1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: more covers

Post by ESquared » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:05 am

Great stuff. YouTube is an endless vault of vids like this.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:34 am

The kids in the first vid are all good, each has something solid to contribute. The sister on slide is so relaxed...
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:54 am

I saw a contestant on one of the talent reality shows audition with this song, but credited these guys... So HE did the cover.
I love the song... Thought I 'd share.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8bRlF9bZws
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Man, this kid can be in my band any day :D We'll be hearing morer of him.
cover_bass.jpg
cover_bass.jpg (57 KiB) Viewed 2020 times
Second one didn't do much for me, kind of a Peter Buck and Jeff Beck's kid get stuck in a music store (after hours) with Mariah Carey :D

The third I thought was very good. Funny how some of these covers can be as good or better than the originals. They have some nice equipment though. BTW, I'm thinking the guitarist is a male :?

The forth I didn't care as much for, though visually pleasant. The girl IMO doesn't have the voice for this, too clean and not enough "street cred" :D
Guitarist was very good.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:23 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:I saw a contestant on one of the talent reality shows audition with this song, but credited these guys... So HE did the cover.
I love the song... Thought I 'd share.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8bRlF9bZws
That's a keeper, Jim, thanks for sharing. VERY nice version!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Henry88 wrote:
Man, this kid can be in my band any day :D We'll be hearing morer of him.

cover_bass.jpg

Second one didn't do much for me, kind of a Peter Buck and Jeff Beck's kid get stuck in a music store (after hours) with Mariah Carey :D

The third I thought was very good. Funny how some of these covers can be as good or better than the originals. They have some nice equipment though. BTW, I'm thinking the guitarist is a male :?

The forth I didn't care as much for, though visually pleasant. The girl IMO doesn't have the voice for this, too clean and not enough "street cred" :D
Guitarist was very good.
I also liked the 4th mostly for the guitarist, Lucy Gowen, not sure how old she is in this video (just looked, she's 12) but there's videos of her when she was 10/11 years old playing as good as a lot of pro's. I'm always very impressed with really good guitarists, tried to learn when I was younger but just didn't have the finger coordination to be any good.

Sina, the drummer in the 3rd and 4th seems to be the driving force behind a lot of these videos, a lot of different very talented youngsters, not sure who does the mixing and visuals but they are very good.

Sina mentioned something interesting in one of her videos, almost all of the drums on newer albums (sorry CD's, I'm old enough to still call them albums) are computer generated, they say you cannot get as good a sound with real drums.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Yeah dave77, I failed to mention the drummer. Those are some $$$ drums and cymbals, though. Beautiful drums.

And back in the day, you never played anything "exactly" the same, always some subtle nuance, etc. Now I'm told they "want" the loops.

One less thing to think about, I suppose.....
0 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:02 pm

If you like U2's "I Will Follow", give this one a listen...Fear Factory stopped screamin' and yellin' long enough to do a really good cover of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N8t9-7HtQc
0 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:06 pm

These guys are talented...the sounds they can get out of a pair of cellos impress me.

2Cellos doing AC/DC's "Thunderstruck"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk
0 x