Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's your spirit animal?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: What's your spirit animal?

Post by ESquared » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Cofisher wrote:Dang! Are you soft and cuddly?
No! I'm a BEAR!
2 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Lol...right
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 pm

We have flying squirrel here too. See them at night getting into the squirrel feeder. Every once in while one will fall asleep inside. I go to put nuts in there next morning and it bolts out of there into the air and glides off.

Having a squirrel feeder draws the squirrel's attention away from the bird feeders most of the time. It also has good perch on it for shooting the Eastern Gray and Fox off of.
markiver54 wrote:Up at our mountain cabin we have the little flying squirrels. They must be nocturnal. You have to be up very late at night to see them. Was out on the deck one night about 2:00 AM and put some nuts out along the railing. There they were, running across the railing. Even had one stop quickly and take a nut out of my hand. Then just went soaring down the mountainside to a tree.
They too, are about the size of a Chipmunk. Interesting little creatures. Don't get many greys up there cause we can't put out bird feeders, unless we want a few bears on the property. :D :o
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Mags wrote:.
We have flying squirrel here too. See them at night getting into the squirrel feeder. Every once in while one will fall asleep inside. I go to put nuts in there next morning and it bolts out of there into the air and glides off.

Having a squirrel feeder draws the squirrel's attention away from the bird feeders most of the time. It also has good perch on it for shooting the Eastern Gray and Fox off of.
markiver54 wrote:Up at our mountain cabin we have the little flying squirrels. They must be nocturnal. You have to be up very late at night to see them. Was out on the deck one night about 2:00 AM and put some nuts out along the railing. There they were, running across the railing. Even had one stop quickly and take a nut out of my hand. Then just went soaring down the mountainside to a tree.
They too, are about the size of a Chipmunk. Interesting little creatures. Don't get many greys up there cause we can't put out bird feeders, unless we want a few bears on the property. :D :o
:lol: :lol: have tried squirrel food blocks to try and keep their little bellys content and leave the other feeders alone.
Give it 24 hrs and they've already rifled through the block and are on the bird feeders again...then they die! :) ...sorry, not a cruel person, however, I'm not alone here in this squirrel infested area. Believe me; I make sure they suffer only a very short time if the first shot doesn't' do it.
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 pm

When I though about it a beaver popped into my head. So it's a beaver. My wife, who is Ojibwa, says hers is a bear. Her grandfather, a tribel elder, told her that when she was 5 or 6.
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 am

ESquared wrote:Okay, I couldn't take it anymore, so I found a site where I could take the Spirit Animal Quiz. Don't know how I feel about this:
An internet quiz?
I thought you were supposed to take peyote, and trek into the dessert until your spirit animal came to you and gave you wisdom?
Just asking for some people I know.
4 x
Pax at Justitia

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:22 am

Kinda like in " Young Guns "... :D
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:52 am

ESquared wrote:Okay, I couldn't take it anymore, so I found a site where I could take the Spirit Animal Quiz. Don't know how I feel about this:
Do you..you know what....in the woods?
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:16 am

I dunno. I like my water turtle "Brutus". All 4 oz's of 'em. I think my wife is gonna make soup out of him tho! :shock:
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 am

Henry88 wrote:
Do you..you know what....in the woods?
We're bears. We do that WHEREVER we want. The woods, back yard, the range, you never know...
3 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357