Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's your spirit animal?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: What's your spirit animal?

Post by markiver54 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Mags wrote:.
Squirrelly nuts....

d_sqrl.jpg
Mags...have you experienced a change of heart? or are Eastern Greys, ( tree rats ) still on the hit list? :lol:
I don't bother them if they're just going about their business, but if I see one tearing into a feeder...they become dead!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Seen videos of that too. Not so much the small Douglas squirrel. But those Eastern Grey and Eastern Fox transplant squirrels are aggressive at getting into the feeders.
dave77 wrote:...They are incredibly smart. Saw a show recently that showed how nearly impossible it was keep a squirrel out of a bird feeder.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Native Chipmunks and Douglas squirrels I have a heart for :P . YOUR Eastern Grey and Fox squirrel tree rats are forever on the hit list, right there with the Nutria river rats! :twisted:
markiver54 wrote:... Mags...have you experienced a change of heart? or are Eastern Greys, ( tree rats ) still on the hit list? :lol:
I don't bother them if they're just going about their business, but if I see one tearing into a feeder...they become dead!
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:31 pm

I had to look up the Douglas squirrel. Never heard of them. They look a bit like diminutive greys. It would take a lot of those guys to make a meal.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm

They are a species of the Pine Squirrel. There is a grey species, Mearns's squirrel.
clovishound wrote:I had to look up the Douglas squirrel. Never heard of them. They look a bit like diminutive greys. It would take a lot of those guys to make a meal.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:03 pm

clovishound wrote:I had to look up the Douglas squirrel. Never heard of them. They look a bit like diminutive greys. It would take a lot of those guys to make a meal.
That must be what I see around here, about the same size as a Chipmunk. Pretty brave little critters, one of the schools I worked at had a big pine tree a couple hung out in even when kids were walking by it all day long.

I guess squirrels must be a lot bigger back east, I had always wondered why people talked about hunting squirrels, like clovishound said it would quite a few to make a meal.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Up at our mountain cabin we have the little flying squirrels. They must be nocturnal. You have to be up very late at night to see them. Was out on the deck one night about 2:00 AM and put some nuts out along the railing. There they were, running across the railing. Even had one stop quickly and take a nut out of my hand. Then just went soaring down the mountainside to a tree.
They too, are about the size of a Chipmunk. Interesting little creatures. Don't get many greys up there cause we can't put out bird feeders, unless we want a few bears on the property. :D :o
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:55 pm

3 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm

Okay, I couldn't take it anymore, so I found a site where I could take the Spirit Animal Quiz. Don't know how I feel about this:
Attachments
EE Bear.jpg
EE Bear.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
4 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:09 pm

Dang! Are you soft and cuddly?
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.