Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henrys in the Movies

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Henry "movie moments"

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Oh ya, I have all of his westerns on DVD. Monte Walsh is a favorite but Crossfire is great too. Like the Winchester Centennial rifle. His open top revolver is good too.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Frank V
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Frank V » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:03 pm

BigAl52 wrote:RR have you seen Sellack in Crossfire Trail ?????

Yes just a day ago.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Its not a Henry movie moment but on the subject of Tom Sellack I use to watch Quigley Down Under quite often when I shot long range with the sharps. I still think thats one of the best movies I have ever seen. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Oh ya, that's a good one for sure, I just watched it about a month ago. I read one time that he liked that horse in Quigley so much that the production crew made a gift of the horse to him after the movie. It lived on his California ranch (maybe 25 acres?) for a number of years after that. Maybe he still has him, although he'd be very old by now.
0 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Watching "How The West Was Won" on TCM movie channel. Lots of Henry rifles.

For tomorrow I dug "Streets of Laredo" out of the DVD cabinet, a Lonesome Dove sequel with James Garner as Capt Call. He packs his Henry around in it too.
0 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:38 pm

RanchRoper wrote:Watching "How The West Was Won" on TCM movie channel. Lots of Henry rifles.
We watched it this afternoon, too. It was a great restoration, eliminating the three screen vertical lines of earlier releases I've seen. This movie was originally filmed with Cinerama cameras that used a three screen, curved projection in Cinerama theaters to combine the three cameras into a single image. Today's movie seamlessly blended those three images into a flat, ultra-wide screen image. It was awesome.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Yes we enjoyed it. My parents took me to see it in the theater when I was a kid. I remember the raft and rapids scenes vividly. There was several Henry's during the railroad scenes near the end, and I think Henry Fonda's character had one too. I wonder if they would have been Ubertis in the 60's or Hollywood Henry's (rifle with front stock removed). The barrels looked like the 1 piece Henry.
0 x
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

This may interest some of you~~~

Post by Catherine » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:44 am

We are going through a bunch more of our western movies, mystery movies and television dvd collection.

We saw a bunch of HENRY rifles in various movies that were tied into the 'original' Lonesome Dove movie.

Side note: We are keeping the ORIGINAL Lonesome Dove movie.

ALL of the other movies tied into the LD theme books and LD movies (Five or six?) are being donated to our county library. So if any of you live in Missoula... they will be delivered within the next couple of days. My husband is taking down a bunch more movies with that group. I think that it takes the librarian a day or so to mark them, put on the library code stickers and get them into the main computer system. They can be taken out at our main library and ordered for free across the state within the library system. OUT of state people can special order all kinds of books, movies and music too.

My husband is taking the complete group of the JESSE STONE movies down there too. It is NOT Henry related but some of us who like Tom S. may be interested. The JS books are good but I only borrowed the books from my library. My husband never got to see them on television due to his former 24/7 work schedule and LACK of tv reception so he got some of these over the years. We have watched them several times.

The 'Return to Dodge' movie - Gunsmoke is going down there too. I do not remember if a HENRY rifle is in that movie off hand.

The complete James M. book/television series called CENTENNIAL is being donated too.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/centenn ... 1100010237

I read the book a long time ago when it first came out.

I saw this television series a long time ago too. I bought this for my husband and we saw it several times but it is time to share the dvd set with some other people.

Quote from the website:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_(novel)

Centennial was made into a popular twelve-part television miniseries, also titled Centennial, that aired on NBC from October 1978 through February 1979, and was filmed in several parts of Colorado. In 2008, NBC Universal began to market a six volume DVD set.

Enjoy!

Cate
Last edited by Catherine on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:52 am

PS: Many of the movies mentioned in this long thread have been donated to our library and some of them are still here at home.

Many of us have the same taste in old and new classic western movies. Go figure!

Since my husband retired he has been reading a lot, watching old movies, reloading and going to the range even when it has been bitter cold and icy/snowy.

Cate
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:01 am

GRIT tv has come to our town on Channel 8.3 (OTA- over the air) free reception with a small indoor antenna or if you have an outdoor one. I have a small indoor antenna and I can get reception where I built this house. It is the luck of the draw, shocker to us, since most of this town can't get decent free reception due to the mountains in this valley.

GRIT tv has a LOT of old westerns and in the wee hours of the night too. Daytime too! I have been watching a lot of the old Randolph Scott western movies and I think that some of them can be seen on You Tube for FREE too.

There are HENRY rifles in all kinds of western movies on that station too.

ME tv and MOVIES tv are free stations for us and they have many old westerns (Movies and tv shows.) on them too. I have mentioned those stations on here and/or elsewhere too.

Cate
0 x