Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Is it true, 1 Henry will lead to 2, 3, 4 Henry's, etc?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Is it true, 1 Henry will lead to 2, 3, 4 Henry's, etc?

Post by dddrees » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Vaquero wrote:
dddrees wrote:
Mistered wrote: This will depend on the person and their interests. The history and their aesthetics appealed to me more than a Big Boy. However I did just purchase a New Original Henry but here again the history was a big draw and when compared to a Uberti the one from Henry Repeating Arms appealed to me more for a number of reasons.
Like you the Originals appeal to me also and I may end up with one eventually.
Why, and what do you like about the Henry over the Uberti :?:
I have never seen either in person, and can't tell much just from pictures.

RP

Uberti isn’t the only manufacture which has it’s negatives however. Like I said the Winchester Miroku does have Japan and that’s a big negative to some. The wider gap between magazine and barrel is a negative, as is prouder wood at least for some.

With regards to the New Original Henry it uses MIM parts and a flimsier ladder rear sight. The biggest negative to me however is the highly over polished barrel. They do talk about it in the videos and reviews and it’s true. I can live with it but do wish it looked more like my Winchester’s. I do also hope their brass alloy receiver gains a patina at some point like my Yellow Boy or 1866 however having a Golden Boy do wonder if that’s the case even if the Golden is only a cover.

The New Original Henry is also made in the USA by a a company that is known to stand behind their product and this was a big draw as well. Uberti may also stand behind them and getting it through Taylor’s or Cimmeron May have made that easier, but seems to me I would have less hassle if something went south going through Henry Repeating Arms.

Someone said it best. There are no exact copies when it comes to a reproduction and they are all basically a compromise so you just need to pick the one that appeals or works best for you. I highly suggest you do your own research and make the decision that works best for you.
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Vaquero wrote:Thanks for the input sir.
Lot of good info, appreciate your time.
Speaking of the octagon barrels, I've noticed that even my '07 production BBB doesn't have the sharpness of my '66 Winchester Classic, or my '08 Marlin Cowboy.

RP
I have a Golden Boy with Octagon barrel and I had a BBS with Octagonal Barrel and the New Original Henry is more highly polished than either one of those. Noticeably so.
1 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:05 pm

my '07 production BBB doesn't have the sharpness of my '66 Winchester Classic, or my '08 Marlin Cowboy.
Or that of my '66 100 year Commemorative! there is certainly no question about the 'sharpness' of original Winchester barrels - and no reason why Henry cannot equate the same.
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG (84.07 KiB) Viewed 809 times
Last edited by Mistered on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
1 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:15 pm

I only have the one, so far. There are at least 3 others I want. But, I started with the best. The 357 Steel Carbine.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Liberty to answer your question, I had a big Boy 45 Colt and loved it. Great rifle. HRA is a great company. They know who butters their bread and take care of the customer. Wanted an 1860 original Henry but could not afford the big ticket price in Canada, so sold the Big Boy to a buddy of mine who loves it too. I bought an 1860 Uberti Henry from Cimarron and very happy with it. It's a shooter.
3 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

csgrv
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by csgrv » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:28 am

I bought my first in late 2018 and I am up to 3............I also have my eye on a couple of more..............
So I would say in my case it is true.......
0 x
Long Ranger .308
H001Y .22lr
H003T .22lr
Whitworth .270
1991A1 .45
J-Frame .38
S&W .32 Hand Ejector

CharlieW
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CharlieW » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Yes, it is true -- Here is an example of how it happens:

Henry #1 - BB Classic .44
Henry #2 - BB Steel .357
Henry #3 - BBS Carbine .327
Henry #4 - Classic H-001 .22
0 x
Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:47 pm

Yes, it's true. I purchased my first Henry, a golden boy. It was such a great gun, I started researching Henry as a company. I love the customer service and the fact that the owner of the company personally answers his own email. What a surprise. I have been fortunate enough to own six Henry's so far. Yes, one will turn into several................................and maybe even a website ;)
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member