Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

12 Wonderfully Bizarre French Expressions, Translated Literally

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: 12 Wonderfully Bizarre French Expressions, Translated Literally

Post by Mags » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Lived near San Diego for a while. Except for a brief monsoon period in mid to late January, sunshine all the time. Only two seasons, warm and somewhat hot. Didn't sit well with me having Christmas in 70' weather. Was glad to move back from there.

Other than a few stints living elsewhere I'm Oregon born and lived in Western Oregon most of my life. The October through June gloom (dark/damp/dreary) never bothered me. For the longest I could not understand why snowbirds did what they do in winter. As I've got older, I've lost the 'having gotten used to it'. Need more sunshine and understand what drives snowbirds.
ESquared wrote:
markiver54 wrote:Reminds me of living in SoCal. The term "June Gloom" because of the cooler, foggy conditions.
Yep, I spent a few years in Orange County, and remember that. It was kind of a welcome change from "74 and sunny!"
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Mags wrote:.
I am in the US. Though I've come to understand this phrase is more common in the upper mid-west, Pacific NW and Canada.
BrokenolMarine wrote:Skiff of snow? :)
If I understand your meaning correctly, here in the US we would say, a dusting of snow. LOL
Skiff of snow is pretty common here in Eastern Washington although I have occasionally heard people say dusting of snow.
2 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:09 am

I grew up in Fullerton in OC, Cal. I recall the 'Santa Ana winds' used to blow through once in a while. Here in North TX we get winds pretty regularly.
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.