Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Are you happy where you are?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Are you happy where you are?

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:19 pm

I am fairly happy here in Pa. Our area is a decent area for things to do and the cost of living is lower than the areas close to the bigger populated places. I like the hunting here and all the public land we have available near where I live. We try to make the best of the winters we have that can get pretty nasty some years. My wife and I just dress for the cold and take the 4-wheeler to the mountain for some winter riding. Not far from here is some history of the Revolutionary War and the Civil War with the Antietam Battlefield and Sharpsburg and of course the Gettysburg Battlefield. Where we ride is a very well known boundary. The Mason-Dixon line. I live in Pa. and like it better than some other eastern places but my heart is in Wyoming and Montana. Here is a few shots from the Mason-Dixon Line.
Wouldn't be fair not to include my better half with her Marlin 39A braving the cold on a 12* day just to be with me and shoot a few rounds.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Love the view you got there on your outing!

My heart has gone out to Montana too. My dad was from the White Fish/Columbia Falls area. I had never been there but a few years ago we went to look the area over and also took in Glacier National Park. Fell in love with Bowman Lake and the Trail Creek valley area of the North Fork Flathead river.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 pm

I was born and raised here in San Diego. Though I now live on the eastern edge of the County in Lakeside. I love the area where I am now but it is very expensive to live here anymore. As soon as I can swing retiring I am planning on Northern AZ. I have a lot of Family here but my kids are all grown and no longer need my support. Too many people here for my liking these days. This picture is up the road a bit from where I am 20 miles or so. Hard to believe but behind me is all Pine Forest.
Attachments
100_0428.JPG
100_0428.JPG (161.49 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
2 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Pine trees of Palomar? Lived in Escondido for a while.
Lyman wrote:I was born and raised here in San Diego. Though I now live on the eastern edge of the County in Lakeside. I love the area where I am now but it is very expensive to live here anymore. As soon as I can swing retiring I am planning on Northern AZ. I have a lot of Family here but my kids are all grown and no longer need my support. Too many people here for my liking these days. This picture is up the road a bit from where I am 20 miles or so. Hard to believe but behind me is all Pine Forest.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:51 pm

Mags wrote:.
Pine trees of Palomar? Lived in Escondido for a while.
Lyman wrote:I was born and raised here in San Diego. Though I now live on the eastern edge of the County in Lakeside. I love the area where I am now but it is very expensive to live here anymore. As soon as I can swing retiring I am planning on Northern AZ. I have a lot of Family here but my kids are all grown and no longer need my support. Too many people here for my liking these days. This picture is up the road a bit from where I am 20 miles or so. Hard to believe but behind me is all Pine Forest.
No, Mt laguna.
1 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:48 pm

BTW lyman...nice ride! I have a bit smaller metric bike but don't ride much anymore.

I know what you mean about your area. I lived in SoCal for about 5 years, ( 88 to 92 ). Worked in Irvine and lived both there and Lake Forest. Even back then the population and expense were difficult. Was a packaging designer for a major company and traveled to San Diego often to Jenny Craigs' headquarters.

I do miss the weather though. Remember how odd it seemed when it rained. :shock:
Some fond memories though.

Good luck with your future plans!! :D
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:52 pm

I live in the outskirts of the second most expensive city on the planet. My neighbors 800 sqft turd box on 1 acre sold recently for $6.05 million. The geography and climate are great. I love it 10 months of the year. 2 months of the year I wish I were somewhere else.

That said, we are planning on moving somewhere completely different within the next 5-10 years. We are looking at a few options such as Chile, Uruguay, Portugal and Spain. I have serious connections in South America, including a former President, a famous actor and a Consul General, but Europe is more stable, and my wife has EU citizenship. I’m after somewhere with a completely different culture. We love adventure and travel. I’ve been to Australia, South America, Africa, Europe and all around North America. Many of my trips were between 2 and 6 months.

Were I to be able to relocate my business, ideally I’d end up somewhere with a climate and location like Santa Barbara, but with population density and life values like Wyoming!
5 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:07 am

Redthies wrote:I live in the outskirts of the second most expensive city on the planet. My neighbors 800 sqft turd box on 1 acre sold recently for $6.05 million. The geography and climate are great. I love it 10 months of the year. 2 months of the year I wish I were somewhere else.

That said, we are planning on moving somewhere completely different within the next 5-10 years. We are looking at a few options such as Chile, Uruguay, Portugal and Spain. I have serious connections in South America, including a former President, a famous actor and a Consul General, but Europe is more stable, and my wife has EU citizenship. I’m after somewhere with a completely different culture. We love adventure and travel. I’ve been to Australia, South America, Africa, Europe and all around North America. Many of my trips were between 2 and 6 months.

Were I to be able to relocate my business, ideally I’d end up somewhere with a climate and location like Santa Barbara, but with population density and life values like Wyoming!
What a great vision; hope for you that your wishes become a reality!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 am

Thanks Mark!
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Yes and no. I'm thankful that I have many clients being in a metro area and service Houston Symphony, Rice University, and University of Houston professors, players, and their students. I wouldn't have nearly the amount of business being somewhere else. I absolutely hate the climate here in the summer. If I were to hit the lottery I'd have a home here for the winter and a home somewhere up north and west. Perhaps Wyoming or Montana.
3 x