Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Are you happy where you are?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Are you happy where you are?

Post by markiver54 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Another Markiver curiosity...
Our members' locations stretch far and wide as you all know.

There are those who endure very harsh weather, endure extreme heat, extreme cold and many other variables.
I am personally happy in the geographic location where I reside. Have lived from coast to coast and north and south in the USA.

Are you satisfied with where you live? ( for those who are...you're blessed ) . How many would re-locate if they could?

At my age, I ain't going anywhere else at this point, but I'm ok with that. RU...?
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Joe.45
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Are you happy where you are?

Post by Joe.45 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:09 pm

I’m originally from northern Virginia. Company moved me to south Florida 21 years ago. Summers last 6 months here but when I talk to my dad I thank the good lord I no lover live in the Washington DC metro area.
3 x
Si vis pacem, para bellum!
H006M; H006MR; H001T; H004; another H001T

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Can't beat the cow country of southwest Alberta. Suits me right down to the ground. It's not for everybody though. Land of extremes; windy most of the time, 30-50mph is normal. Can have hot summers in the 90's, but dry. -30 in winters frequently. But you can't argue with the view....
IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_9652.JPG (208.6 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
15 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Yes, that view is worth it all. You're looking at the right and best thing, Ranch Roper! :D
And where everyone is at, their special "views" are there, too.
Just have to look and see them with appreciative eyes and thots.

PT7
RanchRoper wrote:Can't beat the cow country of southwest Alberta. Suits me right down to the ground....Land of extremes...you can't argue with the view....IMG_9652.JPG
3 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Im in a place where there is four seasons. Im not fond of one of them But theres other issues here Im not fond of either. Id go else where if I could but the wifes kids are here and she isnt about to leave. If the shoe was one the other foot Id feel the same way so Im here and its ok.
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:28 pm

For me it's all about having PUBLIC LAND available nearly out my front door.
In Central Oregon I have the National Forest minutes from my front door and for those of us who have grown up with it we can hardly imagine living any other way.
I can leave my front door and in literally minutes be in the National Forest where I can spend nearly any amount of time doing what I enjoy - camping, off-roading, fishing, hunting, shooting and seeing almost no other people.
I can't imagine what it would be like living in a state with virtually no public land - I mean what the heck do you do if you are an outdoors person and have no place to get away from it all?
I read about how people actually PAY to go 'off road' on private property and have to go to ranges to shoot. Sorry - I could never live in an area where I had to 'pay to play'
Most everybody I know has grown up woods romping, camping, shooting, hunting etc. as a way of life and NOT a novelty.
I'll be staying in Central Oregon - unless I win the lottery and can afford to move to Idaho where it's even more remote - and public.
4 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:44 pm

We have lived on our small farm in this rural community for more than twenty five years. It's set up the way we want it and we both have our workshops. We have fifteen acres, and the few properties around us are also rural. Behind us is a state park, across the street is the state forest. Now that I retired and we are ready to really settle in, the political nature of the state is changing, and not for the better.

If need be, we will sell out and move. But we won't like it. If we do, we will look for a larger lot, in a much more rural setting.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:07 pm

RanchRoper wrote:Can't beat the cow country of southwest Alberta. Suits me right down to the ground. It's not for everybody though. Land of extremes; windy most of the time, 30-50mph is normal. Can have hot summers in the 90's, but dry. -30 in winters frequently. But you can't argue with the view....
IMG_9652.JPG
RR...you are definitely one of the blessed ones!! :)
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:14 pm

PT7 wrote:Yes, that view is worth it all. You're looking at the right and best thing, Ranch Roper! :D
And where everyone is at, their special "views" are there, too.
Just have to look and see them with appreciative eyes and thots.

PT7
RanchRoper wrote:Can't beat the cow country of southwest Alberta. Suits me right down to the ground....Land of extremes...you can't argue with the view....IMG_9652.JPG
Absolutely PT.. good outlook!!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:34 pm

while we are happy where we live in NC (Hurricanes and all) our lifestyle allows us to move to other areas that we also enjoy .... Spring and Fall at home in NC, Winter in Texas, Summer in South Dakota .... sooner or later age or something else will force us to settle down but we hope that time is still years and years away
2 x