Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Muscle Cars and Guns after 50 yrears......

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Muscle Cars and Guns after 50 yrears......

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Is it too late to teach them?? :lol:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:54 am

markiver54 wrote:Maybe should be under fishing topic, "the one that got away" hind site is 20/20 right. :o :D
Yeah I can list quite a few that I let slip off the hook!

1982... I was starting on building a garage for our recent new home at the time. A fellow worker at the plant told me about a 1969 Dodge Super Bee
a claimed 440 Six Pack car sitting in a field about 40 miles away.
So we go take a look at it and found it was an original Six Pack and still had the factory lift off glass hood.
Car was Hemi Orange color with black bench seat interior automatic on column. A 383 minus intake was under the hood BUT it still had the big
Dana 60 rear underneath. Very little rust around lower tail light assembly.
Could have got it for 400 bucks!!! Duh!!!
I had my 1969 Dart GTS 340 at that time and wanted to do some things to that along with building the garage.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:26 am

fortyshooter wrote:
markiver54 wrote:Maybe should be under fishing topic, "the one that got away" hind site is 20/20 right. :o :D
Yeah I can list quite a few that I let slip off the hook!

1982... I was starting on building a garage for our recent new home at the time. A fellow worker at the plant told me about a 1969 Dodge Super Bee
a claimed 440 Six Pack car sitting in a field about 40 miles away.
So we go take a look at it and found it was an original Six Pack and still had the factory lift off glass hood.
Car was Hemi Orange color with black bench seat interior automatic on column. A 383 minus intake was under the hood BUT it still had the big
Dana 60 rear underneath. Very little rust around lower tail light assembly.
Could have got it for 400 bucks!!! Duh!!!
I had my 1969 Dart GTS 340 at that time and wanted to do some things to that along with building the garage.
That story makes me drool!... :) :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 am

This is the same as the first car I paid for with my own money right out of high school. My Dad let me have a old beater car of his until I got this one. This car started my love for the Mopar cars up until the gas crunch forced the front drive small cars to be made for better fuel mileage. I loved this big engine car even though it was heavy I could out run a lot of the lighter cars if we had the road where it could really stretch it's legs on the top end. I hit an indicated 140 mph on the 150mph speedometer on some long straight roads with it quite a few times. I am sure those old cable drive speedo's were off some. This car had gobs of torque down low and would lay a streak of rubber when shifting from first to second over half the length of the car. Some of these have auctioned at more than $200,000. There was 1212 built. Mine was white with the tan interior. I have had quite a few Mopar performance cars since this first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquFsf3tNSg
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:26 pm

bandit1250 wrote:This is the same as the first car I paid for with my own money right out of high school. My Dad let me have a old beater car of his until I got this one. This car started my love for the Mopar cars up until the gas crunch forced the front drive small cars to be made for better fuel mileage. I loved this big engine car even though it was heavy I could out run a lot of the lighter cars if we had the road where it could really stretch it's legs on the top end. I hit an indicated 140 mph on the 150mph speedometer on some long straight roads with it quite a few times. I am sure those old cable drive speedo's were off some. This car had gobs of torque down low and would lay a streak of rubber when shifting from first to second over half the length of the car. Some of these have auctioned at more than $200,000. There was 1212 built. Mine was white with the tan interior. I have had quite a few Mopar performance cars since this first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquFsf3tNSg
VERY cool bandit. I know you had to have enjoyed that one. What a beast.. :shock: thanks for the link!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:50 pm

In the line of Mopar's, my college buddy had a 65 satellite. It had the 426 wedge, and four speed. That car has stuck with me until today. I loved it, and would love to have one.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 pm

In the line of Mopar's, my college buddy had a 65 satellite. It had the 426 wedge, and four speed. We took it out one night, and we hit 160. What a thrill. That car has stuck with me until today. I loved it, and would love to have one.
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 am

My step dad was a mechanic and when I got my licence he brought home a 1958 white Plymouth station wagon for me to drive. It had a three button push tranny and a 1959 Dodge Ram 383 in it. Plus a big whip antenna which made in look like a cop car. At first glance, it was not a cool car for cruising on Friday nights. But dang did I have some good times with that beast. Could pile in eight guys if needed, fold down seats if needed. Some girls where afraid to ride with me because of that. No need to fear, I was such a dork in HS. Beat the crap out it. Rev it up, push the L button, and listen to the tires. No matter what I did to it I don't every remember breaking it except tearing of the muffler on rail road crossing at 80 mph or so. I swear it was not there the last time I drove that road. :lol: That car was known all over Sioux Falls. Good times and memories. I called that car " The White Pig". Any of you guys or girls name your car?
2 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:24 pm

:)
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:42 pm

I had a 1950 4 door ford. His name was 'Thud'.
1 x