Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Muscle Cars and Guns after 50 yrears......

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Muscle Cars and Guns after 50 yrears......

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:57 pm

I had a couple I could have named, but often just called them POS! :D
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:48 am

Ever since high school, I've been a pick-up guy. Never bought a car. My Dad on the other hand was certainly a muscle car guy.
He had a '50 Ford that he sold and bought a '53 Mercury Monterey[?], that thing was awesome, then a bought a '60 Galaxie with a 351 in it. Not a bad car at all. Sold that and bought his last "muscle car", 1969 Ford Torino with a STRONG 390 in it.
Man, he loved those cars. Then, Dad retired and bought a '82 Crown Victoria and just cruised. Dad was a car guy.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 am

Loved those old Torinos! Really wanted one back then. Kinda like you though Tom. Came to like the versatility of pickups. Had a couple beaters in the early years before I started buying them new. First new was just a basic `92 F-150 with an inline 6. Real gas eater. Great low torque, but no hp. Uped the ante in '94 with my 1st generation " Lightning ". Had the 351 Windsor and GT 40 heads. It was a nice truck. Great off the line, not as much top end as I would have liked though. Didn't handle the turns well either.
Soo..got on a waiting list for my 2nd generation '99 " Lightning. Got the best of both worlds given the 5.4 with supercharger. It will throw ya back in the seat and carve corners as well! Still have it to this day with only 30,000 miles on it. Don't have the heart to let it go....but...anything is for sale, right.
;) :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry