Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

brag

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

brag

Post by The Wiz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:48 pm

I have a granddaughter who is 13. She is the sweetest, compassionate , and loving child. She goes out of her way to make me feel loved. She is quiet and soft spoken. However, when she's playing playing B-Ball she turns into this monster I do not know! Last night with her team down 9 points at half she stepped up her game and dominated both ends in rebounding. She was even more of an animal than usual. Fighting, diving, pushing, shoving so much so that the other coach was complaining she was getting away with stuff. ( he almost got a technical ). She was get so physical that her coach ( her dad ) called a time out to let her cool down a bit. It did not help. Anyway, the game was well fought, very physical. The refs let them play and in the end our girls won by 4. Zoe would not shake hands at the end of the game with two of the girls from the other team. When asked by her dad why she said she was getting tired of being pushed around away from the ball by those two and one of them called her the " C " word. This was found out on the way home. Her dad would have gone ballistic on the court. I was so proud of her performance and the fact that she turn that insult into a positive instead of getting into a fight. She is quite a girl soon to be quite a women.
9 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: brag

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Actually, you have a right to brag. Many kids would have been triggered by the pushing or the verbal, and struck out and got ejected. She got her payback on the scoreboard. Good for her.
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:13 am

I agree. She did what we were all taught. She took a negative and made it into a positive. It sounds that she gave a little back of what she got and then some. I wonder if she inspired any of the others on her team?
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am

congrats to both her and her Dad .... looking forward to meeting them down the line
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 pm

The game was a nail biter until her coach went to a full court press in the 4th. The other team could not handle it. The other girls played like they were possessed. Coach put in the two smaller girls together when he went to the press(unusual) and they were attacking girls who probably out weighted them by twenty pounds. They were like skeeters. So much fun but I might have a heart attack if they keep coming from behind. Second game in row they have.
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856