Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Tracking a CA fire

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Tracking a CA fire

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Just got off the phone with my brother, who lives in CA. During last year's fire, their town outside of S.F. came close to being under an evacuation order. That fire was about 6 miles from his house...dangerously close. This year it is somewhat better....although still not that good. There is a 1500-acre fire burning now near Suisun City, which is about 40 miles due east of my brother's home. But they are getting it contained; approaching 90%. My brother said he hasn't been out of the house for two days, and people are only going out with face masks on. As we talked this morning, he was driving west away from the fire to get some work deadlines accomplished in his S.F. "second" office. He usually works from home, but the air quality is so bad he needed to leave for a while. His two kids are grown and live in other cities. So it's just my brother and his wife there now.

I have another relative in CA. My cousin has not answered my phone call yet. The city he, his wife, and kids live in is only 11 miles northwest of the same Suisun City fire. It will be good when I can hear directly from him what is happening in his area.

I'm simply praying this fire will be fully contained soon. Those poor folk throughout CA are getting terribly clobbered once again by these awful fires. The destruction is about beyond belief when watching the images on the news.
1 x

~Пока~

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Tracking a CA fire

Post by Mistered » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 pm

I have a good friend in Anaheim who was up most of last night helping a friend in Malibu who lost everything.
This is truly a catastrophic (and nearly apocalyptic) tragedy for many.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Fires are damn scary. Stay safe everybody.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:14 pm

My youngest son is one of the Cal Fire captains on the Camp Fire. Been a few days since we've heard from him. That's normal. Expect to hear from him once he and his crew are relieved.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Keep us informed on how he is doing. Demanding job....
Mags wrote:My youngest son is one of the Cal Fire captains on the Camp Fire. Been a few days since we've heard from him. That's normal. Expect to hear from him once he and his crew are relieved.
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:09 pm

Talked to him this morning. He and his crew have been rotated back their own station. Said his and another station are covering their whole county while everyone else in the county has been sent to the big fires.
PT7 wrote:Keep us informed on how he is doing. Demanding job....
Mags wrote:My youngest son is one of the Cal Fire captains on the Camp Fire. Been a few days since we've heard from him. That's normal. Expect to hear from him once he and his crew are relieved.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 am

Good to hear you guys talked, Mags.

My cousin finally called me last night, and I found out why it took a couple of days to answer my calls. He and his wife have had their house with 3-1/2 acres up for sale, and it sold just before all of these fires started!! So he has to be moved by last day of November, and is actually doing most of the packing himself. He said he has five outbuildings, which have collected stuff from over 19 years there, and raising their four kids. Kids and Mom are in Idaho high country at their new home, getting things together there. They'll come back to CA for a last family Thanksgiving, then head north.

He constantly was coughing on the phone after working mostly outside, breathing too much smoke over the last five days. Says he is not feeling very well right now, and will take today to rest/stay inside.

Incredible impacts from these CA fires in so many ways. It will be a very sad and tough holiday season this year for too many folk. Continued prayers are needed, and there have been many great stories of strong support/help to the people in affected cities so far. Looking forward to the news that the flames are finally contained!
Mags wrote:Talked to him this morning. He and his crew have been rotated back their own station.
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Read a story this morning that a Walmart in the area, Chico I think, is allowing people to set up camp in their parking lot. Sad people are doing this, but great that Walmart is giving people without homes a place to go.
PT7 wrote:Good to hear you guys talked, Mags.

My cousin finally called me last night, and I found out why it took a couple of days to answer my calls. He and his wife have had their house with 3-1/2 acres up for sale, and it sold just before all of these fires started!! So he has to be moved by last day of November, and is actually doing most of the packing himself. He said he has five outbuildings, which have collected stuff from over 19 years there, and raising their four kids. Kids and Mom are in Idaho high country at their new home, getting things together there. They'll come back to CA for a last family Thanksgiving, then head north.

He constantly was coughing on the phone after working mostly outside, breathing too much smoke over the last five days. Says he is not feeling very well right now, and will take today to rest/stay inside.

Incredible impacts from these CA fires in so many ways. It will be a very sad and tough holiday season this year for too many folk. Continued prayers are needed, and there have been many great stories of strong support/help to the people in affected cities so far. Looking forward to the news that the flames are finally contained!
Mags wrote:Talked to him this morning. He and his crew have been rotated back their own station.
1 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 am

Had to drive up to LA yesterday for work. I went to a Radar Test range on top of a mountain in Angeles National Forest. I could see the smoke from the Malibu fire real well. It's sad how many people have been displaced and lives lost. The Paradise Fire up north is by far the worst of them.
I lost my Family home that I grew up in to fire in 2006 and know first hand how devastating it can be. We bought another home in 2015. We had looked at one other house before buying this one. The first house that we looked at burned earlier this year. My Wife and I were thankful to say the least that we had changed our mind on that one.
1 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 pm

"GOOD & WELCOME NEWS"

Heard this report on national news last evening: The Cal Fire which destroyed Paradise is over!
:D
Best hard news report I've read in many days; thankfully and at last!! https://abcnews.go.com/US/californias-c ... d=59397260

As we enter December and the holiday season, please do remember to pray for:
~~~the family members, who have lost loved ones.
~~~the survivors, who have lost everything.
~~~All who helped, and especially the brave firefighters. May the memories they have of this catastrophe soon diminish. They performed an incredible service to the people there.

PT7
2 x

~Пока~