Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Long term Henry use

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
LeverLover
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Long term Henry use

Post by LeverLover » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Lever lovers,
I am a little bit concerned that the perfect rifle, my Henry steel 357, that will do everything I will ever ask it to do is, according to most of the internet, totally useless in some situations like the one below. This is just a bit of Halloween fun and not a flame war so enjoy.

A.Z.D.

After extensive internet research, because everything written there is a fact, I have concluded that on the day the Alien Zombie Dinosaurs invade you are going to DIE unless you immediately take all five of your tacticool AR-15s and your ten thousand rounds of ammo in your backpack on foot to your super secret spot in the woods where you can bag a deer a day to survive on. No other weapon, even traditional deer rifles that have been in use for decades, will do the job.
You have to go on foot because all cars and trucks will mysteriously stop working while the aliens are here. You have to leave your family behind because you would otherwise have to shoot five deer a day and use more of your plentiful, dirt cheap ammo that might last only 26 years then.
You will be confident that while those pesky zombies are destroying the world because they don't like it either you will be safe from detection because not one of the other six billion humans on this planet will discover that you are exactly 51.2 miles from your old neighborhood. Oh, and to make this transition to being the only hermit survivor left in the world easier you might even have a pocket knife or a KBAR with you for after you have shot your ten thousandth deer.
3 x

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Long term Henry use

Post by wingnut » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:53 am

Well... many here would do it with a 45C, 30-30 or even a 45-70. However, 1 deer per day might be considered overkill. Doesn't your hidey hole have an icebox? However, the real question is "Are You Ready?" :!: :P
0 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:06 pm

I loved the "home fallout shelters" of the '50s. What is the half life of plutonium 239 again?

24,000 years?

Better get more diet coke................
2 x

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Blackdog » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 am

I'm reading the book "The Passage" about a sort of an Earth ending virus...they are making TV series out of it too.
They are armed with knives and cross bows until someone finds a National Guard cache and get some real guns. The "baddies" and viral mutants - sort of zombies...well, they do eat people.
Actually, I'm listening to it on DVD, about 2/3 through the book and it has kept my interest all the way. Try it, you might like it. The DVD set is 23 hours long - OK, because I travel a lot.
From the TV commercials it seems they have taken the usual liberties and modified it to match the socio-economic/ethnic mix common on TV today. I like the book, not sure I'll like the TV version.
Michael
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:27 pm

I know zombie stuff is popular, just not for me.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Mags wrote:I know zombie stuff is popular, just not for me.
Ditto.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:49 pm

... and I thought this was going to be about how addictive 'Long term Henry use" is. ;)
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234