Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Going to B'Ville then Omaha

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Going to B'Ville then Omaha

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:24 pm

My oldest son had a mid-life crisis at 30 and purchased a nice used Ford Mustang GT last spring (he sells cars at a Chevy dealership). Now he doesn't want to drive it in Omaha during bad weather for whatever reason. I told him I'd give him my old Chevy truck. (2000 Silverado LT 4X4). I don't really need a truck anymore and I've done a hell of a lot more for my youngest son. So, I'm trailering the Goldwing up there with a stop in B'ville OK to see my mom on the way up and back. Next week looks to be a good week to do it so I'm leaving here Friday stoping in Bartlesville Friday night. I'll head up to Omaha Saturday about noon and meet my son at his car place when he gets off about 6 to unload the 'Wing. We'll spend the day Sunday and then I'll and head back on Monday stopping a few days in B'ville to visit once again. I'll make my way back home maybe Wednesday or Thursday whichever day looks to be the best for riding.
Shakey
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Going to B'Ville then Omaha

Post by ESquared » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Sounds like a fun trip and you get to be a great dad and a great son in the process! Safe travels and here's hoping for good riding weather!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Ditto on what he said. Be safe and enjoy the ride.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Shakey Jake wrote:I'm trailering the Goldwing up there

Shakey

just curious, will you pull the trailer back with your Goldwing .. :?: .. be safe and please take pictures along the way
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:13 pm

JEBar wrote:

Shakey

just curious, will you pull the trailer back with your Goldwing .. :?: .. be safe and please take pictures along the way
No, renting a U-Haul one way.
Shakey
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Me riding the Tail of the Dragon back in July 2013. Rode to Johnson City, TN for a rally. On the way back drove through TN, MO, to B'ville, OK. I rode 913 mi in one day! I'll not do that again, for sure.
Attachments
327848 (1024x683).jpg
327848 (1024x683).jpg (173.49 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Shakey Jake wrote:
JEBar wrote:

Shakey
No, renting a U-Haul one way.
Shakey
makes sense ....

Shakey Jake wrote:Me riding the Tail of the Dragon back in July 2013. Rode to Johnson City, TN for a rally. On the way back drove through TN, MO, to B'ville, OK. I rode 913 mi in one day! I'll not do that again, for sure.
I really enjoy running the Tail of the Dragon, hope to do so again some day .... for me, 913 miles would sure be a long day on a bike -- :shock: -- in fact, it would be a long way in any vehicle I've ever owned .... ;)
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Very nice bike!
Shakey Jake wrote:Me riding the Tail of the Dragon back in July 2013. Rode to Johnson City, TN for a rally. On the way back drove through TN, MO, to B'ville, OK. I rode 913 mi in one day! I'll not do that again, for sure.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Sorry I haven't been back on the board in some time. The trip was a success getting the Chevy up to Omaha. I had a very nice ride back on the Goldwing. The weather was very good when I left Omaha for Bartlesville. The weather called for some scattered showers on the Thursday I left to come back and I didn't run out of rain until I got just south of Dallas.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Nice Wing Jake. What year is it? I have a 2013 F6B and really like it. Im not sure if I have a picture of it around or not. I will look and see.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55