Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hurricane Michael

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Hurricane Michael

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 am

thoughts and prayers for those in the path of Hurricane Michael .... according to the prognosticators, it will be the strongest hurricane ever to hit Florida's panhandle .... once ashore, its projected path will deliver major issues in Georgia .... its rain and wind are also forecasted to deliver yet another below to many folks in North and South Carolina who are still recovering from the massive damage delivered by Hurricane Florence .... we are currently camped in coastal Virginia where Michael is slated to pass through Friday morning
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Hurricane Michael

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 am

JEBar wrote:thoughts and prayers for those in the path of Hurricane Michael .... we are currently camped in coastal Virginia where Michael is slated to pass through Friday morning
Be safe, Jim and everyone in the way of this one.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 am

Be careful out there.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 am

while concern expressed for us is most certainly appreciated, we aren't anywhere close to facing the danger for those on the Gulf shores and on up through Georgia .... they are now saying this will be the strongest hurricane to ever hit down there .... somehow that's hard to imagine .... we've lived through what those folks are facing and its impossible to overstate the danger
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am

hey now .. :D .. on the bright side, we just learned that right now they are having snow and heavy wind where we spend our summers in South Dakota .. :shock: .. all in all, I'm much happier being in coastal Virginia .... 8-)
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 am

And October 2016 Mathew passed 30 miles to my east as a cat 3 or 4. This is getting old, feeling the outer bands for a while.............
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Let's see... I have been in NC for less than a month and will have been touched by two hurricanes. Interesting times in this area. :roll:
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm

welcome to our world .. :lol:
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 pm

according to all reports, Michael is a quick moving storm but it is so strong that its done major damage .... right now its hammering Georgia on its way to our home area as well as where we are camped at the Virginia coast .... its very quiet in our campground .... no concerns have been voiced by the staff and campers are still coming in
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 am

My folks, in their 80s and poor health, live in P'cola. They have been in the same house, they bought new, since 1970. Lost the shingles years ago to a hurricane, lived with tarps for a roof (blue roof in fla slang) for eighteen months until the overworked contractor worked down his list and came to their address and put on a new one. Six months later? Another hurricane tore off a section of the new roof. Blue roof for a couple months. Contractor bumped them on the list when the shingles came in.

When the evac order came, they stayed. When I called to check on them, this is what I was told:

"We have food and water, a generac, and God. We are 80 plus. If it's our time, it's our time. We are too old and in too much pain too leave. We will pull up a corner of the carpet and hide under the rug. Your dad is takin a nap, thanks for calling."

Headed to the coast, Michael built up power and hit at just under a cat five strength. The path was farther east than expected, just after landfall, I called again.

"It's not really raining here, just a soft drizzle. I'm fixing lunch. Your dad is out in the den watching golf reruns. Thanks for checking in." Dodged a bullet.
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.