Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Another amazing score!

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Another amazing score!

Post by Mgderf » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:14 am

I've always seemed to have a bit of luck, and it looks like it hasn't diminished.
I attended an FNRA banquet a couple of weeks ago.
As usual, I entered several raffles for firearms.

I came home with a new Kel-Tec PMR 30. This is a 30 round .22WMR semi-auto pistol for those unfamiliar.
I also won a BEAUTIFUL 6-shot Colt Cobra snubby in .38spl+p.
I did spend more than just the raffle tickets, but it was for a GREAT cause. I dropped a $20 bill for each of the two pistols I won.

Checking prices on GunBroker it looks like I brought home about $1200 worth of firearms.

I wasn't the only lucky one at my table.
A good friend took home a new Kel-Tec KSG 24+1 round 12ga pump shotgun and my brother brought home a 5 volume set of the "Guns of the Netherlands".
3 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Another amazing score!

Post by PT7 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

I'd say your raffle ticket winnings were the perfect "dessert" after the dinner; especially the Cobra snubby. Congrats!

And your good friend sure brought home some extraordinary firepower in the 12-ga KSG 24+1 tactical shotgun. About 5 years ago when I was doing some 3-Gun training, such a magazine capacity for the shotgun competition would have been great. I had put an extension on my Benelli 12-ga pump, but only had a total of 7 rounds. Of course, that required at least one reload to get through the 3-Gun course. This Kel-Tec s/g would have been cool to use for that shooting sport. Congrats to your buddy, too.

Enjoy your amazing acquisitions!
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 am

I have one of those new Cobras. You'll love it.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:50 am

Congrats for sure Im the guy with the opposite luck. Ive never one a thing at one of those type functions.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:39 am

PT7 wrote:I'd say your raffle ticket winnings were the perfect "dessert" after the dinner; especially the Cobra snubby. Congrats!

And your good friend sure brought home some extraordinary firepower in the 12-ga KSG 24+1 tactical shotgun. About 5 years ago when I was doing some 3-Gun training, such a magazine capacity for the shotgun competition would have been great. I had put an extension on my Benelli 12-ga pump, but only had a total of 7 rounds. Of course, that required at least one reload to get through the 3-Gun course. This Kel-Tec s/g would have been cool to use for that shooting sport. Congrats to your buddy, too.

Enjoy your amazing acquisitions!
PT7
Yeah, that KSG is a hoot.
If you buy an adapter and run the Aquila "Mini-Shells" (about 1-3/4") you can cram 41 rounds of 12ga into that thing!
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:11 pm

"If you're not in it, you'll never win it!" ;)

It sounds like you had a really good night - congratulations!
0 x