Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Just a Biker

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Just a Biker

Post by Vaquero » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 am

JUST A BIKER

I saw you; hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line. But you didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But you didn't see me playing Santa at the local Mall.

I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant when you saw my bike parked out front. But you didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the cyclone relief.

I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by. But you didn't see me riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children. But you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you stare at my long hair. But you didn't see me and my friends cut it off for cancer research.

I saw you roll your eyes at our Leather jackets and gloves. But you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old ones to those that had none.

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos. But you didn't see me cry as my children where born or have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere. But you didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be. But you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you yelling at your kids in the car. But you didn't see me pat my child's hands knowing she was safe behind me.

I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road. But you didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you race down the road in the rain. But you didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time. But you didn't see me trying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in. But you didn't see me leave the road.

I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass. But you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you go home to your family. But you didn't see me. Because I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family. But you didn't see me.

Repost this around in hopes that people will understand the biker community.

If you don't repost this, it sucks to be you. I hope you never lose someone that rides.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE US, RESPECT OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE WHAT WE CHOOSE AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA SECONDS TO BE SURE WE ARE NOT IN 'YOUR' WAY

RP
7 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Just a Biker

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:14 am

I hope a lot of folks take the time to read this all the way through... I don't ride anymore, haven't for years. Just because of an incident where an old woman in a brand new late 70s caddy pulled out in front of me in the rain, and nearly killed me. I was 18, and she looked RIGHT into my eyes before she pulled across my lane and stopped, waiting to turn left. As I skidded toward her, the bike leaning back toward me, my left foot sliding on the wet oily pavement, she looked in horror at the blank helmet covered face. I'd bet she wasn't worried about me... but the damage the bike was going to do to her brand new caddy with the dealer's invoice still pasted to the window behind her. Luckily the car in the oncoming lane stopped and blew the horn and she pulled clear at the last second. :evil:

My last year working patrol, one of our Motor Patrol Officers was working a funeral. He had just finished blocking one intersection, and was pulling ahead of the line of cars to block the intersection coming up about a half mile ahead when a Van in the line of the funeral procession ahead stops for some reason, and waves a flat bed wrecker on a side street through through the line of stopped traffic. The wrecker zips through the line of cars into the path of the motor officer, and the bed of the wrecker decapitates the officer. :cry:

I've often thought these days of getting another bike to tour the lonely mountain roads where we live. The scenery is beautiful and the colors in the fall are amazing. Then we'll be riding along in the truck and another driver will pull out in front of the full sized Titan, talking on their cell and we'll have to lock the brakes to keep from hitting them. Nope, don't need a bike. ;)
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks for your post Broken.
I still ride, and I see all kinds of IDIOTS on the road.
Our work vehicle is a F250 Ford with a 18' trailer with ladders walk boards and such.
Some will pull right in front of you like ya ain't even there.

Getting less and less safe out on the roads.

RP
0 x

H001, H006, H012

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:20 am

I probably live in the biker capitol of the world. They're good people, would take them anytime.

I'll tell ya, this would be a tough place for an invading army with all the bikers, vets, rednecks (black and white) and fishermen.

Here's one for the bikers........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ7HY5jvib0
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:44 pm

I still ride both kinds of bikes. They do the same to me on a bicycle. Ride a bicycle about 130 miles a week out there on the street. People are idiots! no thats givin some to much credit. Ive been flipped off yelled and screamed at to get off the road among other things. Better check your drivers manuals people bicycles do have a right on the road. Still ride a motorcycle to . Have for a lot of years. Thought about givin it up because of the one thing that has poisoned society. CELL PHONES. Im gonna ride that motorcycle till I cant walk anymore. I just like it to much to give it up. Theres just something about that freedom I feel on 2 wheels. Good on ya Vaquero for posting that. If Daytime Dave had a wave in the emcotions box Id send it your way
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:01 pm

Ridden Bikes most my life. I got knocked off one of my E-glides a few years back. 70mph on the freeway and some joker loses his mattress off his truck. It hit right above my fairing a like a ton of bricks. I now have a plate with 12 screws in my right arm and a few pins going through my right knee joint. I tumbled from 70mph to dead stop. My bike was a half mile down the road. Made the local news here in San Diego. The Black one is no longer with us.
two bikes.jpg
two bikes.jpg (79.61 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
1 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:54 am

That was very poignant, Vaquero - thanks for posting it.
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:10 am

Les wrote:That was very poignant, Vaquero - thanks for posting it.
Your welcome sir.
I didn't write it, a former member of MO,
OZ from Australia wrote it.
He was an avid motorcycle rider and loved his family.
Cancer took him year before last.

RIP Mark

RP
0 x

H001, H006, H012

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:17 am

BigAl52 wrote:I still ride both kinds of bikes. They do the same to me on a bicycle. Ride a bicycle about 130 miles a week out there on the street. People are idiots! no thats givin some to much credit. Ive been flipped off yelled and screamed at to get off the road among other things. Better check your drivers manuals people bicycles do have a right on the road. Still ride a motorcycle to . Have for a lot of years. Thought about givin it up because of the one thing that has poisoned society. CELL PHONES. Im gonna ride that motorcycle till I cant walk anymore. I just like it to much to give it up. Theres just something about that freedom I feel on 2 wheels. Good on ya Vaquero for posting that. If Daytime Dave had a wave in the emcotions box Id send it your way

Dangit Al, 130 miles, way to go.
Haven't ridden a bicycle in a few years, but
I love the scooter fer sure,
gonna ride til I can't hold it up.
Nothing like just cruising down the rode in the open air.
Kinda like a fast horse. :D
Keep the shiny side up.

Hey, is Teach still riding??

RP
0 x

H001, H006, H012

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:21 am

Wow, Lyman, that was some crash, with your cycle ending up a 1/2 mile away, and your arm and knee racked up! :o
Glad you are okay, and telling us that story today.

I'm a former biker, rode a lot of country roads mostly in KS, some in MO, on a Honda CB900 cruiser. That was a lot of years ago. Today, I'd like to ride again, but as has been noted so far in this thread, getting tougher to stay safe on the road. So I'll stick to having a car surround me as I tool down the highway!
PT7
Lyman wrote:Ridden Bikes most my life. I got knocked off one of my E-glides a few years back. 70mph on the freeway and some joker loses his mattress off his truck. It hit right above my fairing a like a ton of bricks. I now have a plate with 12 screws in my right arm and a few pins going through my right knee joint. I tumbled from 70mph to dead stop. My bike was a half mile down the road. Made the local news here in San Diego. The Black one is no longer with us.
two bikes.jpg
0 x

~Пока~