Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hurricane Florence

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Hurricane Florence

Post by Henry88 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Hey guys didn't see one so I thought it appropriate maybe to start a thread on the folks in the Carolinas.

Having caught the eyewall of Charley as a weak CAT 2, I knew last October, when CAT 4 Mathew headed my way I was looking at complete destruction.

Each forcast brought it further west until I waited for the final shift that never came. It passed less than 40 miles east of me.

My point is these people looking at their homes for the last time. What do you grab? Is there room for your granddad's Gibson Guitar, etc.

It is unimaginable what is about to happen, much like the folks in California, but they only had minutes in some cases, not hours.

Keep them in your prayers as they will need it
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Hurricane Florance

Post by Mags » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 pm

Henry88 wrote: What do you grab?
What you don't have room for that is important, stuff into your gun safe and/or dishwasher.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 am

Thoughts and prayers for all of our friends in the Southeast.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am

It seems that Florence is determined to make our cruise out of Charleston to Bermuda interesting.
We are still expecting to board on Sunday.

As for what to take when a storm is definitely going to try to squash my home. If it was a matter of days to prep, rent the largest trailer my truck can haul and load up everything that is precious to my wife. I will do my best to convince her that all of my guns and ammo are precious. :lol: I think they are adorable. :D

By the way this storm is named after my maternal grandmother. She passed away in 1989 but I have been talking to her about this storm of hers. Apparently my request that she send it back where it came from went to her bad ear. But it seems she decided to drop it down from a cat 4.
Thanks Grandma, you were always a feisty old lady.
3 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 am

adorable indeed .... the latest projections indicate your area is most certainly in a zone where you need to take this storm seriously ..... we are northeast of you, just south of Raleigh .... they are still calling for power outages, flooding, and downed trees in our part of the state .... thankfully, our place is high enough and there aren't any significant streams/rivers close by .... the local forecast has thrown in the words "scattered tornadoes" .... that's not unexpected but hate to hear it anyway .... hope the cruise works out .... above all, stay safe
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:17 am

My cousin and his wife recently moved to SC. He lives in the city of Blufton, which is located in the far southeast corner of the state. His house is in a low-lying area, and surrounded by quite a number of river tributaries. I ran a mapquest and found they are a short 8 miles from Hilton Head Island, which simply sits in the Atlantic.

He has chosen not to evacuate and remain throughout Florence's coming ashore. For how close he is to the ocean, I'd think Florence will be at his front door very soon.

As ESquared mentioned above, my cousin and his wife are some of the folk do need our thoughts and prayers.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:50 am

I hope you're cruise comes off without a hitch Seabee. I also hope everyone else comes away safe.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Well, I live here in the Charleston area. Not sure if the cruise will make it. Forecast is for winds in the 50s on Sat. Slacking off the to 20s by Sunday. Right now I-26 has had the lane reversal, so no east bound traffic allowed. They will probably end that tonight. Many stores started closing Tues and most are probably closed today.

Bottom line, not a good time to be traveling in this area, although the worst should be over by Sunday. It may come down to the departure time as to whether they will go or not. Early morning, not so good. Late in the day, maybe.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:23 pm

2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:08 pm

PT7 wrote:My cousin and his wife recently moved to SC. He lives in the city of Blufton, which is located in the far southeast corner of the state. His house is in a low-lying area, and surrounded by quite a number of river tributaries. I ran a mapquest and found they are a short 8 miles from Hilton Head Island, which simply sits in the Atlantic.

He has chosen not to evacuate and remain throughout Florence's coming ashore. For how close he is to the ocean, I'd think Florence will be at his front door very soon.

As ESquared mentioned above, my cousin and his wife are some of the folk do need our thoughts and prayers.
PT7
Sending good thoughts and best wishes and prayers to your relatives, PT, I hope they stay safe. Eight miles from the Atlantic anywhere in the Carolinas is not a place I'd want to be.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357