Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Post by clovishound » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Just a heads up, sitting on the john too long can exacerbate hemorrhoids. On the positive side, they can remove the hemorrhoids while they are in there.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 pm

Good colonoscopy thread? Nah that's a crappy idea.
1 x
I never take myself seriously....

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:03 am

A little humor at this point...love it, of course no disrespect for anyone who's gone through it though.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 am

Once one gets old enough, everyone gets a turn at one or more. Hopefully it all comes out well in the end. :lol:
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Us women folk go through worse tests with age in my opinion. Nothing we can put a thread out about.
3 x
I never take myself seriously....

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Am aware as my wife is there.
Dahliathemeh wrote:Us women folk go through worse tests with age in my opinion. Nothing we can put a thread out about.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

csgrv
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by csgrv » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:10 am

I did one last year. They had me mix a bottle of Miralax into a 32 oz Gatorade and drink. This was followed by the same thing 4 hours later. 6 hours after that I drank a full bottle of magnesium citrate.

Definitely did the job and tasted better than the chemicals.
0 x
Long Ranger .308
H001Y .22lr
H003T .22lr
Whitworth .270
1991A1 .45
J-Frame .38
S&W .32 Hand Ejector

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:17 am

My first time years ago was that way. I wanted to do it that way again after seeing what my wife went through. I was told the Gatorade method was no longer an acceptable medical method per the FDA.
csgrv wrote:I did one last year. They had me mix a bottle of Miralax into a 32 oz Gatorade and drink. This was followed by the same thing 4 hours later. 6 hours after that I drank a full bottle of magnesium citrate.

Definitely did the job and tasted better than the chemicals.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:45 am

I had heard that the liquid they used to use had caused some people kidney problems, I remember not having to drink nearly as much but that it tasted a lot worse.

BTW, mine turned out fine. They removed several polyps but none were pre-cancerous, doctor said have my next one before I turn 75 which is 9 years from now.

Went to Denny's after and had their Tres Leches pancake breakfast, had to do a pretty big dose of insulin, 69 grams of sugar is more than I usually allow myself for several days. But it almost made the 2 day liquid diet worth it.

"Two buttermilk pancakes cooked with cinnamon sugar, topped with a scoop of horchata ice cream and whipped cream, then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Pour on the warm cream sauce for an authentic Tres Leches experience. Served with two sunny-side up eggs* and hash browns, plus your choice of two bacon strips or two sausage links."
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:25 pm

One goes into the colonoscopy thinking they won't want to eat afterwards. Just the opposite happens. Nothing like a good hearty meal after a colonoscopy. Good to hear everything came out ok in the end. 9 years! I had several and they told me to come back next year.
dave77 wrote:I had heard that the liquid they used to use had caused some people kidney problems, I remember not having to drink nearly as much but that it tasted a lot worse.

BTW, mine turned out fine. They removed several polyps but none were pre-cancerous, doctor said have my next one before I turn 75 which is 9 years from now.

Went to Denny's after and had their Tres Leches pancake breakfast, had to do a pretty big dose of insulin, 69 grams of sugar is more than I usually allow myself for several days. But it almost made the 2 day liquid diet worth it.

"Two buttermilk pancakes cooked with cinnamon sugar, topped with a scoop of horchata ice cream and whipped cream, then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Pour on the warm cream sauce for an authentic Tres Leches experience. Served with two sunny-side up eggs* and hash browns, plus your choice of two bacon strips or two sausage links."
0 x