Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:29 pm

If you get a good flavor pack to add to the prep, drinking the prep can be ok. Butt what comes of it is not very pleasant nor fragrant.
BigAl52 wrote:Is it just me? Im not sure theres such a thing as a good colonoscopy prep of any kind. Right Mags PM the pictures.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 am

Having mine done Thursday morning. Got 3 cans of broth and 2 - 4 packs of Jello for Wed. meals. I'm dreading the gallon of stuff I have to drink, everyone says it's really nasty. The stuff I had to drink 15 years ago was bad but I didn't have to drink nearly so much. Will be looking forward to stopping for a big cheeseburger and fries on the way home.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Mags wrote: If you get a good flavor pack to add to the prep, drinking the prep can be ok. Butt what comes of it is not very pleasant nor fragrant.
What did you use? Nurse said flavoring it didn't help much but I'm willing to try anything. Nurse did say to drink it through a straw do get it somewhat past your taste buds.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Man good luck to you guys. 10-4 on the big cheeseburger and fries Dave. Maybe even a double
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Last time mixed using Gatorade instead of water. This time I have an untried lemon packet. Let you know tonight how that tastes. Also refrigerate it. Colder the better to numb the taste buds.
dave77 wrote:
Mags wrote: If you get a good flavor pack to add to the prep, drinking the prep can be ok. Butt what comes of it is not very pleasant nor fragrant.
What did you use? Nurse said flavoring it didn't help much but I'm willing to try anything. Nurse did say to drink it through a straw do get it somewhat past your taste buds.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Great, I need to mix it tonight so it will be good and cold by tomorrow afternoon. Instructions I got from the clinic say to mix it with Crystal Light, I'll pick something up tonight after bowling. Too bad you can't mix some Fireball (cinnamon whiskey) in with it. ;)
0 x

mlrifleNY
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by mlrifleNY » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 pm

I like the title of this thread, but as one who has been through it 2 times I couldn't come up with any "good stories." :o :roll: :oops:

Jim
0 x
Henry BBB 44mag
Henry 1860
Henry 45/70 Brass

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 pm

In the end they'd still stink :lol:
mlrifleNY wrote:I like the title of this thread, but as one who has been through it 2 times I couldn't come up with any "good stories." :o :roll: :oops:

Jim
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:48 pm

You're supposed to drink it? Oh man, now you tell me....
4 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Well, initially the prep didn't taste that bad. But by the 5th glass of 16 total, it was getting old and unpleasant. Don't know it was the prep or the lemon flavor pack, but a nasty after taste accumulated in my mouth like artificial sweetner.

Had several polyps removed, visually benign, but some sent for biopsy anyway. Should have results in a couple weeks. So many, now means I should be getting one of these yearly for a while :(

Had breakfast for lunch. A colonoscopy prep teaches appreciation for good food.
dave77 wrote: What did you use? Nurse said flavoring it didn't help much but I'm willing to try anything. Nurse did say to drink it through a straw do get it somewhat past your taste buds.
Mags wrote:Last time mixed using Gatorade instead of water. This time I have an untried lemon packet. Let you know tonight how that tastes. Also refrigerate it. Colder the better to numb the taste buds.
0 x