Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Banned from "Marlin Owners"

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Banned from "Marlin Owners"

Post by Blackdog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 pm

I've been banned from the Marlin Owners site.
It seems if you disagree with one of their "monitors" that can banish you forever. Not a big deal. Just note that you can be banned for disagreeing with a monitor.
My crime - Two things A. Disagreeing with reloading info - monitor posted an unsafe load and I called him on it - power level was too low to push bullet from barrel - dangerous.
and
B.Attempting to sell a rifle that was posted on Marlin Owners and on Gun Broker. Oh the horror, the humanity, the...oh, forget it. I do't owns Marlins now anyway.
Two strikes and your out.

Michael
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Banned from "Marlin Owners"

Post by ESquared » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm

You're better off here. Some gun owner/brand sites have tough reputations, most of them legitimate, I've found.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 pm

I enjoy the Marlin Owners website, and pretty much go there daily though I don't post that much.

They are in a peculiar position, though, as most of them hate Marlins; the new ones.

So it has regrettably become somewhat negative. To be frank, it's almost like it should be broken into two parts, JM owners and Remlin owners. There is a small but growing base of guys that own both, but the damage has already been done. Most on that forum will never forgive Freedom Group for what they did and although the name has changed to Remington Outdoors and the original execs that did the damage are gone, they will never purchase new Marlins.

I have never found the site to be over moderated though as I have, say, RFC. There is at least one mod on there that will do EXACTLY what you are saying MO did to you :D
Last edited by Henry88 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 pm

I am just messing this up :lol:
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Henry88 wrote:I enjoy the Marlin Owners website, and pretty much go there daily though I don't post that much.

They are in a peculiar position, though, as most of them hate Marlins; the new ones.

So it has regrettably become somewhat negative. To be frank, it's almost like it should be broken into two parts, JM owners and Remlin owners. There is a small but growing base of guys that own both, but the damage has already been done. Most on that forum will never forgive Freedom Group for what they did and although the name has changed to Remington Outdoors and the original execs that did the damage are gone, they will never purchase new Marlins.

I have never found the site to be over moderated though as I have, say, RFC. There is at least one mod on there that will do EXACTLY what you are saying MO did to you :D
High drama, it sounds like, and too bad that it has become such a divided, negative place. Lots of consolidation in the firearms biz, and it leads to "old school/new school" issues, changes in strategy, product/marketing zig-zags, operational changes that lead to quality issues (real or imagined) and, pretty soon, the reputation of what once was gets tarnished and it can be a deep hole to dig out of.

I feel like we're still in the "original" Henry incarnation, which is just fine with me...
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Sorry to hear of your problems over there. Some of the bans are just temporary by the way, even though your interest there is probably history.

As far as the "Remlins" go, if they ever get them consistently right, along with some "good" customer service, I believe the general crowd could be won back. There are some individual satisfaction with the new ones, but not on a wide spread basis. But they got a way to go. The old "JM's" are so good, it's going to be hard to compete with them, even though they are no longer made.

Now these are some reasons why Henry is as great as it is. Quality built and an unmatched Customer Service.
0 x
NRA Member

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Oh well...more time to spend on this forum.... :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Im a member there and at Castboolits. I own Marlins and Henrys. I own alot more Henrys that I do Marlins but I like both. I have new and old Marlins. The only thing I see alot on those sites is the continual side gate tube feed controversy. I dont think you need to worry here about disagreeing with one of the moderators.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Welcome, and sorry about the situation on the other forum. A man got to do what a man got to do. Being you found the reloading data to be bad and correct data was not accepted, let the chips fall where they may. Honor is not a easy thing. It is better to be praised by the One then hailed by the many. Good for you.

By the way, I own one of each also, 2016 Marlin and 2015 Henry. Both, I like. Marlins seem simpler. Henrys seem more refined. And, that is the appeal of each for me. I will admit, I don't like too many moving pieces. So, a load gate is a plus for me. However, I enjoy shooting them both. But, I think I am more concern with the finish on my Henry then the Marlin. Therefore, my Marlin may see more time in the woods.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:00 pm

I know several that have been banned from there, no big deal.
It has changed a lot in the last year or so.
There's a group that just got plum fed up and started their own forum. LGS
Smaller group like this, much more laid back.

But, some people just don't like being corrected when there wrong.
It's not the site that it once was, still lots of good info.

Here though the Marlins rule by majority, Henry, & Winchesters tie, and that one lonely Rossi trys to lean towards the Winnes. :lol:

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012