Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lake Chelan

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Lake Chelan

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 am

Mags I can’t find you on Facebook and can only open a PM once. At least I don’t have to login here each time.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:55 am

Sir Henry wrote:Mags I can’t find you on Facebook and can only open a PM once. At least I don’t have to login here each time.
I found you. Picture of your sleeper helped. There are a lot of other people there with your name. So had to go through a few to find you.

Only open a PM once on HRF? That is weird. I don't have that problem.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:05 am

I don’t either with my laptop but only use my cell phone. I can’t replay to a post here either.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:16 am

Mags wrote:
dave77 wrote:Have you ever been up the lake to Stehekin. My family used to go to Lake Chelan a lot when I was young but I have never been to Stehekin.

For those that don't know Stehekin is a 50 mile boat trip up the lake, no roads to Stehekin,

http://www.stehekin.com/
I tried to get there once. We rented a house on Lake Chelan and a boat. Boat had a very shallow draft and I was unable to push through the wood chip debris mid-lake.
I've never heard of the wood chip debris but have heard it can be dangerous to take a small boat through what they call the narrows when it's windy, the waves can get quite large.

The lake is quite impressive, they say it's 1500 feet deep in places.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 am

dave77 wrote:
Mags wrote:
dave77 wrote:Have you ever been up the lake to Stehekin. My family used to go to Lake Chelan a lot when I was young but I have never been to Stehekin.

For those that don't know Stehekin is a 50 mile boat trip up the lake, no roads to Stehekin,

http://www.stehekin.com/
I tried to get there once. We rented a house on Lake Chelan and a boat. Boat had a very shallow draft and I was unable to push through the wood chip debris mid-lake.
I've never heard of the wood chip debris but have heard it can be dangerous to take a small boat through what they call the narrows when it's windy, the waves can get quite large.

The lake is quite impressive, they say it's 1500 feet deep in places.
In places the debris is so bad even the Lady Of The Lake avoids it. The bottom of the lake in the deepest places is lower than sea level.
0 x