Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Shooting Frequency/Rounds Expended

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Shooting Frequency/Rounds Expended

Post by Oksrt » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:13 pm

At least every two weeks. 50 + rds per session, depending on what I take. If i take rimfires, it could be 100 rds easy. Have a public rande 15 miles from home.
1 x
I love all God's creatures, some are better with gravy.

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:41 pm

I go a few times a month. It's a 50 mile drive out to some BLM land. I have an indoor range a few miles away but I like the outdoors. I shoot 400-600 rounds each trip.
Mostly .22 & 9mm. I have a buddy that goes with me that has a large collection and sometimes I get to shoot some exotic guns depending on what he brings. It's a very desolate area and most trips we might only see a few other people. My grown boys love the area too and are always wanting to go depending on our schedules.
1 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Back when I was shooting competition, I shot two or three times a week, plus three matches a month. It added up to about 10,000 rounds a year. Yes, I reloaded. LOL. I shot mostly revolver, but I shot either a sig 45, or a 1911 in the service auto class. After I quit competing, but was still teaching, I still shot a couple times a week, since I was expected to be proficient with handguns as a Firearms Instructor. I'd shoot 100 to 200 rounds per session, and at least 50 of those would be with the duty guns.

After I quit working patrol, and teaching firearms, I starting shooting about twice a month as I still carried concealed. That remained my practice until health issues made it more difficult to set up the range for practice. Now I shoot every few months... still 100 rounds or so, per gun. I usually haul two or three guns down if I am going to set up the range. It's a long trip, fifty yards or so behind the house. (sigh)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:20 am

I haven't been to a range in about 2 years. I shoot the airguns and .22s in the yard up to about 35 yds, but 50 is possible. With five airguns (most really cheap) and five .22s, there are a lot of possibilities.

Due to my present time schedule, the extreme heat and humidity, and the fact it rains every day has slowed my shooting somewhat. I managed to shoot the Heritage and H001 Thursday to the tune of about 50 rds.
That is typical (sometimes less sometimes up toe 100rds). Same for the Air Rifles. The BB pistols (Legends P-08 and Colt Python), have plenty of extra mags and can see 100's in a night.

Then there's the Red Ryder.............

So I'm shooting about twice a week now , and that will double when things cool off.
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Couple of times a month spring to fall. 50 rounds max per outing.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

flat_topp
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by flat_topp » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:41 pm

I go to the range about once per month. In the winter, it's usually one of two indoor pistol ranges in my area. In the summer or when the weather is good, I'll go the outdoor range about 50 minutes from my house, where I can shoot both pistol and rifle. I average about 200 to 250 rounds per range visit.
0 x
H012M Big Boy Steel .357Mag/.38Spl
NRA, ISRA

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:18 am

This fall and winter it will get more exciting as we head out on the High Desert to bust some 'jacks. Don't get many 'jacks but its a way to get out, do some hiking and get some field shooting in.
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:57 am

Not anything like the number of rounds I once did, when I was actively competing in pistol comps I would fire anything up to 500rds a week.
Have never been a big rifle comp shooter or target shooter, most of my range sessions are simple load development for hunting culling and varminting.
Back in the pre calici virus days here in Aus when rabbit numbers were high I once went through 5000rds in a month shooting rabbits.
There is a thread on one of the Aussie shooting forums one of the blokes put up about his Rem 700 SPS that he has put 2700rds through since getting it a month ago. He has been using it for everything from rabbits to pigs and roos.
0 x