Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

metal detector

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

metal detector

Post by dave77 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Was with my neighbor in his new/used RV and he wanted to take it out on the highway a bit since it hasn't been driven much lately. We decided to stop at Rocky Reach Dam and watch the fish, lots of Chinook salmon and Steelhead going past the viewing window.

Had to empty pockets and go through a metal detector and was surprised at first when it went off then I thought of my titanium knee, he waved his wand at it and let me through. I was kind of surprised they let me have my pocket knife back right away or I would have turned back, no way I'd leave my $180 Benchmade at the security desk. I guess they're only worried about guns and bombs.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: metal detector

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:33 pm

At least they are worried.........
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: metal detector

Post by dave77 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:34 am

I think I posted earlier that back in the 70's there was no security at all. You could go there late at night and wander all over the grounds and even enter the fish viewing room and never see anyone.

Saw a map recently the purportedly showed likely US targets in the event of a full scale nuclear war and it showed a whole line of targets in central WA. Only thought of Hanford but then realized it was all the dams on the Columbia river. I guess we'd be toast, one dam a couple miles north of Wenatchee and another a few miles to the South, not to mention the huge wall of water coming down the Columbia if Grand Coulee was to go.
0 x