Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Duke's Country Album

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

The Duke's Country Album

Post by PT7 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Quiet evening, and time for a short story to share as I sit with my feet up on the ottoman, and sipping on a Coke after a hot day.

My upstairs neighbor is a KCMO fireman, and also enjoys firearms. We chat from time-to-time. He's not into Henrys yet, but I'm working on him. A few days ago he gave me what I consider an interesting piece of Americana. It's an old-time LP record (33-1/3 rpm) of John Wayne's country album titled "America, Why I Love Her." He knows I like western and lever-action rifles, etc., and of course most everyone has enjoyed watching the Duke in movies.

Well, I no longer have a record player as the times constantly are a'changing. But I did find this album through an internet search and have been listening to the individual selections. It's quite good. I didn't know Wayne made this country recording, but I'm glad I've run into it.

Here is the link where you can access and play each of the 10 songs.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=john+wayn ... lang=en-US

The words/music are accompanied by some really beautiful scenes; excellent videography. For any Duke admirers on our Forum, I hope you will enjoy! And to any patriotic Americans who listen, this might bring a tear or two --- the last selection is "TAPS."
PT7
4 x

~Пока~

Ozarkridgerunner
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: The Duke's Country Album

Post by Ozarkridgerunner » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Down in our part of the country several selections of that album would be played at rodeos and patriotic gatherings. Always put a lump in my throat. Thanks for bringing the memory back , PT7. There will be only one Duke that's for sure.
2 x

csgrv
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: The Duke's Country Album

Post by csgrv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 am

I was lucky enough to find the CD of this album at a yard sale. Great songs, always brings a lump to my throat.
1 x
Long Ranger .308
H001Y .22lr
H003T .22lr
Whitworth .270
1991A1 .45
J-Frame .38
S&W .32 Hand Ejector