Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Landscaping

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Landscaping

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 20, 2018 9:42 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:First impressions are important. When folks see your home as they drive up, they will certainly get the impression that the man who lives there cares, and takes pride in his home.
I have one of the best looking lawns from the street in the summer, especially in the late summer when lawns dry out and turn brown and all because parts of my green lawn is actually moss. When you walk on the lawn you can tell. There are also sections that have not been attended to for a few years.

My goal was to have all evergreens and shrubs in the ground by June 1st so everything can be growing. Now my main attention will be in the back area where the covered area and range is. I love camping and living outside and when done the only things I will need to come inside for is to use the bathroom and shower. But I will hang and eat outside.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 20, 2018 9:50 am

Bugs wrote:Nice work. We planted Red Cedars at our home in SW FL to block out the neighbors yard. They worked great, Moderate to fast growing, red cedar can reach a mature height of 25 to 45 feet tall and spread 20 to 30 feet wide. So now we have a thick towering border fenced that the birds love and provides privacy.
All the cedars here are moderate to fast growing but will get several hundred feet tall. The one Douglas Fur I dropped three years ago had 76 rings and was huge. I could lay a long rifle on the stump and take a picture. I used it as a backdrop for the first two years.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Good job!

Cate
0 x