Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Salute --- Armed Forces Day 2018

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Salute --- Armed Forces Day 2018

Post by PT7 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 am

SALUTE

Yes, this weekend we have the opportunity to again celebrate and thank our Armed Forces members for their past and current service to America. Thanks to each of you.
Snoopy at the Flag.jpg
Snoopy at the Flag.jpg (57.35 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
Sometime during this weekend (along with Snoopy & Friends), I hope you'll make that special effort to thank a vet, too.
Medal_to_the_US_armed_forces.jpg
Medal_to_the_US_armed_forces.jpg (156.82 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
And we really do live in a great country. Our veterans know that as they have and are serving to protect our freedom and land.

Great Seal of the USA.jpg
Great Seal of the USA.jpg (211.16 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
Finally, as members of the Henry Forum, many of us appreciate and support Henry.....not only for the rifles they make for us, but because they also support our veterans. Grateful that Henry has this focus for the members of our Armed Forces.

Have a great weekend, Everyone!
PT7
4 x

~Пока~

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Salute --- Armed Forces Day 2018

Post by Cofisher » Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am

My dad was AC on a B52. Armed forces day brought out all the city kids. We resented them being on our flight line. We local airbase kids had the run of the place. Dad never took us anywhere on oversea deployments. As a result, four of his five children joined the Navy. Including me.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 am

Cofisher wrote:My dad was AC on a B52. Armed forces day brought out all the city kids. We resented them being on our flight line. We local airbase kids had the run of the place. Dad never took us anywhere on oversea deployments. As a result, four of his five children joined the Navy. Including me.
Go Navy!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pm

My dad was navy, so was my mom. When he reenlisted... they divorced. I saw him once during my childhood, when the Blue Angels came thru town. Tall and handsome in the deep blue flightsuit. I joined the Corps...

We got in touch when I was in Avionics school in Memphis ... I flew to Pensacola on a cross-country training hop when I got to my first squadron. There are five generations of military in my family, and Tina's... covering all branches of the military. I guess you can say... we are born to serve. :lol:
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 pm

PT7 wrote:
Finally, as members of the Henry Forum, many of us appreciate and support Henry.....not only for the rifles they make for us, but because they also support our veterans. Grateful that Henry has this focus for the members of our Armed Forces.

Henry Golden Boy "Military Service" Tribute Edition, 22LR
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Im a huge supporter of our Vets and I always give them a big Thank you when I see or greet one. We have several here at work.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 pm

I like this guy's sculptures. I have a couple. The reason I'm posting it here is because he does some cool American hero type stuff, including military. Check it out and happy Armed Forces Day down there... :)

http://www.michaelgarman.com/shop/
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun May 20, 2018 9:04 am

Every armed forces weekend for the last decade, a company run by a friend of ours runs a charity kayak fishing tournament. It's more about food, friendship, family, fishing, and the vets than prizes. A couple years ago, the winners stopped receiving kayaks as prizes and now just get a trophy and bragging rights. There are still kayaks given away, they are just raffled off over the course of the evening, and if you buy a ticket you have a shot.

Miss T was tournament director for six years and helped this thing grow by leaps and bounds.

Last year, and again this year, the tournament was limited to 175 entries. Last year, the slots were filled in four hours. This year the tournament sold out in two. Last year we raised over 20k dollars for the two veterans charities. This years promises to meet or exceed last years numbers.

It rained, hard, for both days of the tournament. Folks got wet. Spirits were never dampened.
Thanks to all those who attended, and donated to support the cause for:

Heroes on the Water
Healing Waters Fly Fishing

We will be back at it again next year.
:D
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.