Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What is wrong with people?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: What is wrong with people?

Post by RanchRoper » Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 pm

People; they're the worst! :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Im not so sure its a generational thing. I think is just a plain ole bad habit that is to blame on technology in general. Every where I go whether its the grocery store, restaurant, tire shop, especially Walmart and other places I go sometimes there out and in peoples faces. There on the social media sights and texting. I make comments to my wife when we go out to eat. Look how many people are just enjoying the fact that there out to eat and relax and have a good meal together. There not there on there darn cell phones waiting for there meal to get served. I guess talking to one another anymore isn't what your supposed to do its play on the cell phone.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 pm

poor behavior without accountability is one of the disastrous side effects of the liberal progressive agenda. Observation, not politics.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:It's one of the reasons we haven't been to a movie theater in fifteen years. When I watch a movie, I don't want the folks around me yelling at the actors on the screen, describing the entire movie to a friend via their cell phone, bringing their infant to the movies to save the cost of a sitter... or a bored ten year old kicking the back of my seat for two hours.

So, we wait six months, buy the BluRay and watch it at home.
I'm at 37 years and counting now since I was last at the movie house. I'm done, I have no plans on breaking my record, lol. Whenever anything is worth seeing, we can wait as you have mentioned. Although there are very few of them. I like the kids movies the best, lol. "Cars" for example. I get aggravated at dis-respectful people myself, but I mostly gave up on the Hollywood thing. And what happened to $2.75 ?
2 x
NRA Member

Preacher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Preacher » Sat May 19, 2018 10:19 pm

We have moved from a society that believed in being courteous and considerate to a "me" society. I love my cell phone as much as the next guy, but know when it is time to leave it in my pocket. Everyone seems focused only on themselves. I hang out with a bunch of retired guys at a local cigar shop. We used to have a guy come in who could not choose a cigar without taking a pic of it leaning against his coffee mug and posting it to social media. For about a year, I actually stopped taking my wife to dinner because she could not simply share a meal with me without being on her phone. I even have the habit of turning my phone down in restaurants so that the other diners don't have to listen to my phone ring and chirp. If everyone took a step back and considered those around them things would be better. Nothing wrong with technology, but some folks take it too far.
1 x
A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.